15 Tips for Living with Rheumatoid Arthritis
By Emu Spirit | January 23, 2022 | Blog
Living with Rheumatoid Arthritis is as complex as the disease itself. After all, it is an autoimmune condition that occurs when your immune system mistakenly attacks your joints, resulting in pain, redness or inflammation that can affect your daily activities and quality of life. Staying on top of the disease by taking care of yourself is a big part of Rheumatoid Arthritis treatment.
Apart from taking your medicine as directed, there are many things you can do to help yourself manage your Rheumatoid Arthritis every single day. Here is a list of ways to do it:
1. Find exercise that works for you: stay as active as possible to ease your symptoms and prevent long-term problems. Stretch and strengthen your muscles with resistance bands and light weights, and try low-impact aerobic exercise such as walking, biking and swimming. Yoga, Pilates and tai chi can help your balance, flexibility and even reduce pain.
2. Eat a diet that helps fight inflammation: Omega 3 fatty acids may ease joint pain and stiffness (i.e. salmon, tuna, sardines). Emu oil can be ingested daily for anti-inflammation.
3. Streamline your daily tasks: Divide your tasks up in the day to avoid fatigue. Pace yourself on good days. Don’t overdo it as your fatigue could set you back the next day. Tackle high energy tasks in the morning, and do lighter work in the latter part of the day.
4. Save your energy: know what slows you down. Once you know the tasks that get you stuck, come up with ways to make them easier. For example, use a food processor to slice, shred or chop. Sit on a stool in the kitchen so you don’t stand while you cook and wash dishes. Use an electric blender to save you from stirring and whisking.
5. Change your wardrobe: choose clothes that are easier to put on, or alter the clothes you have with easier alternatives. For example, bigger buttons, Velcro fasteners, elastic shoelaces, rings for zipper pulls.
6. Use a shower chair: and a showerhead that you can adjust or hold (even if you don’t really need one). It may help you relax while bathing, and not put more stress on your joints
7. Garden ergonomically: sit on a low stool while you’re working outside. Work on raised beds instead of on the ground, so you can avoid crouching or kneeling for extended time.
8. Do your shopping online: save the energy of going to and from the shops by browsing the web for all your essentials. If typing on a keyboard is troublesome, try a voice recognition software.
9. Pay attention to your posture: if yours is off, it will stress your joints and increase fatigue. When sitting at the desk, life your head, neck and shoulders, keep your shoulders relaxed and pelvis upright (don’t tilt it forward or backward) and don’t lock your knees.
10. Lift correctly: use the largest, strongest joints to lift items, such as leg muscles, and bending at the knees instead of the waist. Rely on your arms to lift, not your hands or fingers to grip. Hold the item close to your body so your back isn’t strained.
11. Tweak your strategy when going out of the house: if you’re going somewhere new, plan ahead so you know what to expect, how long you’ll need to walk, and what facilities are available. For example, if you’re going to the movies – sit by the aisle so you can stretch your legs.
12. Start the day later: mornings can be tough with rheumatoid arthritis, so plan outings for later in the morning so your stiff joints can take their time to loosen up.
13. Dine smart when dining out: bring your own utensils if your rheumatoid arthritis affects your wrists and hands, making it hard to lift glasses or grip heavy forks and knives. Order something that doesn’t need cutting, to save your hands and wrists hurting.
14. Watch your alcohol intake: remember you need to limit or avoid alcohol if you’re taking certain medications.
15. Go easy on yourself: you may need to pare down your schedule and take time for breaks during the day. Don’t overdo it, or you could risk a flare up. Listen to your body and take it day by day.
Last but not least, pure emu oil can be used daily to manage symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis. Emu oil contains high amounts of polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs), antioxidants, and compounds, including: essential fatty acids (Omega 3, 6 & 9). These can help reduce inflammation and arthritis joint pain.
- Natural Home Remedies to Heal from Within
- Discovering Doggy Dermatisis
- Summer Bug Repellents
- SunSmart with Emu Spirit
- Emu Spirit’s Gifts for Everyone
- Emu Spirit’s Healthy Gift Guide
- Self-Massage: An Inexpensive Solution
- The 3 most common types of Dermatitis to watch out for
- Why Emu Oil is a Must-Have for Springtime
- How the Team use Emu Spirit at Home
- How to Deal with Eczema Flare Ups
- 15 Tips for Living with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- 5 Australian native bushfoods that have surprising health benefits
- National Stroke Week 2021: Eat Well
- Our Easy Overnight Oats Recipe
- Managing Chronic Pain
- Three places on earth where people live the longest
- Foods that promote gut health
- 5 Ancient Health Remedies
- Emu Spirit for Every Day Life
- The Benefits of Omega 369 for Hair
- Emu Oil for Eczema
- Why Emu Oil is Great For Kids
- Have You Tried Emu Oil Aromatherapy?
- 5 Ways to use Emu Oil for Pets
- How to Deal with Work-From-Home Body Pains
- 5 Ways to Treat Sore Muscles
- 4 Summer Treats with Emu Oil
- 5 Healthy New Year’s Resolutions
- Healthier Alternatives to Serve at Christmas
- Have you tried adding Emu Oil to these 5 Everyday Items?
- Have you used Emu Oil in these 4 Unusual Ways?
- Before and After using Emu Spirit
- Learn More about Emu Spirit
- 4 Ways to use Emu Oil
- Staying Healthy at Home
- Protecting Your Skin in Winter
- Emu Oil: Your Skin Healer
- 7 Natural Immunity Boosters for 7 Days of the Week
- Emu Oil for Internal Health
- Taking Care of Your Skin in the Winter
- Multi-Uses for Pure Emu Oil
- Taking Care of Your Health & Hands during COVID-19
- Easy Immunity Boosters for your Autumn Health Routine
- Natural Immunity Boosters for Autumn
- How to use Emu Oil for Babies
- Why You Should Use Emu Oil for Massage Therapy
- 10 Uses for Emu Oil You May Not Know About
- Massage Techniques for Arthritis with Emu Oil
- How to Deal with Chronic Pain
- Emu oil: this summer’s secret weapon
- What is emu oil and why is it good for you?
- 5 Tips For a Healthier Christmas
- 5 Tips for a Happy, Healthy Summer
- Is your Allergy Medication Interfering with your Appetite?
- What Medications Cause Water Retention?
- 5 Fun Ways to Drink Emu Oil
- The Difference Between a Chiropractor, Osteopath and Physiotherapist
- 10 ways Emu Oil helps in warmer weather
- 5 Natural Allergy Immunity Boosters
- 5 Tips for Healthy Winter Skin
- Emu Oil Benefits: Inside and Out
- 5 Natural Remedies to deal with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Health for the Whole Family: Using Emu Oil for Kids
- 3 Ways to Boost Up your Emu Oil Routine
- Using Emu Oil for Your Pet’s Health and Wellbeing
- 4 Ways to Start Your Morning Routine with Emu Spirit
- The Beauty of Emu Oil: Treating your Face, Hair & Nails
- 10 Every Day Health Hacks with Emu Oil
- The Secret Ingredient You Should Add to Your Skincare Routine
- Can Emu Oil Promote Better Gut Health?
- Getting to the Root of the Cause: Emu Oil for Hair Loss
- After-Sun Care with Emu Spirit
- Emu Oil: Health for the Whole Family
- 4 More Benefits of Emu Oil
- 4 Unknown Benefits of Emu Oil
- What Are Comedogenic Oils & Their Ranking?
- Emu Oil Skin Benefits?
- 5 Unexpected Things You Can Use Emu Oil For
- Protecting your skin and immune system in Spring
- 5 Benefits of Emu Oil and What Makes It Effective
- Using Emu Oil for the Digestive Tract
- Using Emu Oil for Asthma
- Emu Spirit for treating Redness and Rosacea
- 5 Reasons Why You Need To Try Emu Oil
- 5 Ways to Relieve Back Pain
- 5 Ways to Boost Your Immune System
- Chemical vs. Natural Anti-Inflammatory Pain Relief
- Fish Oil vs. Emu Oil
- How to use Emu Oil to treat Allergies
- Emu Oil for Hair Loss?
- Research Suggests Anti-Inflammatories are Key to Treating Acne
- How To Use Emu Oil to Treat Psoriasis
- Why Emu Oil is Effective for Skin Treatment
- Is Emu Oil Effective for Treating Osteoarthritic Hand Pain?
- Emu Oil Can Help Treat Eczema
- 8 Tips to Manage Eczema Flare Ups this Season
- 4 Benefits of Emu Oil You Should Know
- 5 Skin Survival Tips for Changing Climate
- 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods to Keep You Healthy This Spring
- The Amazing Benefits of Pure Emu Oil for Your Skin
- 9 Antioxidants That Can Help Prevent Premature Skin Ageing
- How To Get Vitamin D During Winter in Australia
- How to Take Care of Your Skin in Winter
- 10 Arthritis Pain Relief Tips for Winter
- What are the Benefits of Emu Oil Capsules?
- The Emu
- Omega 6 – The Other Essential Fatty Acid
- How Do You Know What Is the Best Quality Emu Oil? (TGA Listed)
- Emu Spirit’s Natural Products for Healthy Skin
- Benefits of Emu Oil
- Suntec Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd
- Copyright © Emu Spirit .
- Website by Wolf
Prices in AUD
To speak with us call
1800 662 212