4 Ways to use Emu Oil
By Emu Spirit | October 16, 2020 | Blog
Pure refined emu oil is composed of essential fatty acids, with the largest component being:
Oleic acid – an Omega 9 fatty acid
Linoleic acid – an Omega 6 fatty acid
Linolenic acid – an Omega 3 fatty acid
Due to the high amounts of Omega 369 fatty acids in emu oil, research has shown that pure refined emu oil is naturally anti-inflammatory and possesses emollient properties, which means it may have the ability to heal and restore our skin, hair and joints, as well as our internal gastrointestinal health.
Emu oil has been used for hundreds of years to treat a wide variety of health ailments. Here’s 4 ways you can use emu oil today:
1. Treating eczema on your skin
Although there’s no cure-all for eczema, the symptoms can be treated and managed. Topical steroid creams can be prescribed to help relieve eczema symptoms, but they come with their own set of concerns.
Emu oil is an all-natural and chemical free non-steroid based treatment that has been found in studies to improve itching, inflammation, erythema, dry skin and scales associated with eczema. Emu oil is able to penetrate into deeper layers of the skin to delivery more significant results. Emu oil is suitable for sensitive skin and doesn’t clog your pores.
How to use emu oil for your skin: wash the affected area with soap and water, gently towel dry the skin, then immediately apply emu oil to the area. This will help to restore hydration to your skin and reduce eczema symptoms like itching and inflammation.
2. Soothing arthritis and sore joints through massage
Arthritis is an inflammatory and degenerative disease that can affect joints within the body. There is no cure, however arthritis symptoms can improve with topical application of emu oil. The healthy antioxidants have potent anti-inflammatory effects, and the deep penetration of emu oil into the skin ensures it goes to the swollen joints where it is needed.
Using emu oil can help to alleviate joint pain, tenderness, stiffness and swelling. Using it consistently can improve joint mobility and better performance of your daily activities. Not only that, it can also prevent further damage by preventing scar tissue formation within the joints.
How to use emu oil for your joints: take a small amount of emu oil (a little certainly goes a long way!) and massage gently in circular motions over sore joints and muscles. Repeat this process at least 2-3 times a day for maximum effect.
3. Revitalising damaged hair and dry scalp
The natural healing powers of emu oil has been used on various skin conditions for many generations. However, did you know its use and effectiveness has expanded into hair and scalp treatment? Caring for your hair is just as important as caring for your skin, so by incorporating emu oil into your hair care, you may be able to revitalise dry and damaged hair.
Emu oil’s effectiveness on your hair is due to its highly effective moisturising properties. This is because emu oil contains omega 3, 6, 7 & 9 and vitamins A, D, E, F and K2. It will absorb easily without leaving an oily residue, so your hair should feel smooth and silky.
How to use emu oil for your hair and scalp: apply emu oil directly onto the scalp after shampoo and conditioner. Lightly massage the oil into the scalp and cover the head with a towel. Leave it on for 5-10 minutes before rinsing.
4. Boosting your inner health with a spoonful of emu oil
By now, we understand emu oil is a rich source of omega fatty acids, which is essential to your body because it’s something we need but our bodies do not produce naturally. These essential fatty acids have been studied and shown to be highly beneficial to our skin, hair, muscles and joints. It may also help to regulate our mood and settle digestion.
We’ve all heard of ingesting fish oil eating salmon, but if your family is not a fan of oily fish, a spoonful of emu oil can be a great dietary supplement to help the whole family boost their inner health.
How to use emu oil in your diet: prepare your regular breakfast cereal – just the way you like it. Take one spoonful of emu oil and drizzle over the bowl. Stir through gently and serve.
- Have you tried adding Emu Oil to these 5 Everyday Items?
- Have you used Emu Oil in these 4 Unusual Ways?
- Before and After using Emu Spirit
- Learn More about Emu Spirit
- 4 Ways to use Emu Oil
- Staying Healthy at Home
- Protecting Your Skin in Winter
- Emu Oil: Your Skin Healer
- 7 Natural Immunity Boosters for 7 Days of the Week
- Emu Oil for Internal Health
- Taking Care of Your Skin in the Winter
- Multi-Uses for Pure Emu Oil
- Taking Care of Your Health & Hands during COVID-19
- Easy Immunity Boosters for your Autumn Health Routine
- Natural Immunity Boosters for Autumn
- How to use Emu Oil for Babies
- Why You Should Use Emu Oil for Massage Therapy
- 10 Uses for Emu Oil You May Not Know About
- Massage Techniques for Arthritis with Emu Oil
- How to Deal with Chronic Pain
- Emu oil: this summer’s secret weapon
- What is emu oil and why is it good for you?
- 5 Tips For a Healthier Christmas
- 5 Tips for a Happy, Healthy Summer
- Is your Allergy Medication Interfering with your Appetite?
- What Medications Cause Water Retention?
- 5 Fun Ways to Drink Emu Oil
- The Difference Between a Chiropractor, Osteopath and Physiotherapist
- 10 ways Emu Oil helps in warmer weather
- 5 Natural Allergy Immunity Boosters
- 5 Tips for Healthy Winter Skin
- Emu Oil Benefits: Inside and Out
- 5 Natural Remedies to deal with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Health for the Whole Family: Using Emu Oil for Kids
- 3 Ways to Boost Up your Emu Oil Routine
- Using Emu Oil for Your Pet’s Health and Wellbeing
- 4 Ways to Start Your Morning Routine with Emu Spirit
- The Beauty of Emu Oil: Treating your Face, Hair & Nails
- 10 Every Day Health Hacks with Emu Oil
- The Secret Ingredient You Should Add to Your Skincare Routine
- Can Emu Oil Promote Better Gut Health?
- Getting to the Root of the Cause: Emu Oil for Hair Loss
- After-Sun Care with Emu Spirit
- Emu Oil: Health for the Whole Family
- 4 More Benefits of Emu Oil
- 4 Unknown Benefits of Emu Oil
- What Are Comedogenic Oils & Their Ranking?
- Emu Oil Skin Benefits?
- 5 Unexpected Things You Can Use Emu Oil For
- Protecting your skin and immune system in Spring
- 5 Benefits of Emu Oil and What Makes It Effective
- Using Emu Oil for the Digestive Tract
- Using Emu Oil for Asthma
- Emu Spirit for treating Redness and Rosacea
- 5 Reasons Why You Need To Try Emu Oil
- 5 Ways to Relieve Back Pain
- 5 Ways to Boost Your Immune System
- Chemical vs. Natural Anti-Inflammatory Pain Relief
- Fish Oil vs. Emu Oil
- How to use Emu Oil to treat Allergies
- Emu Oil for Hair Loss?
- Research Suggests Anti-Inflammatories are Key to Treating Acne
- How To Use Emu Oil to Treat Psoriasis
- Why Emu Oil is Effective for Skin Treatment
- Is Emu Oil Effective for Treating Osteoarthritic Hand Pain?
- Emu Oil Can Help Treat Eczema
- 8 Tips to Manage Eczema Flare Ups this Season
- 4 Benefits of Emu Oil You Should Know
- 5 Skin Survival Tips for Changing Climate
- 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods to Keep You Healthy This Spring
- The Amazing Benefits of Pure Emu Oil for Your Skin
- 9 Antioxidants That Can Help Prevent Premature Skin Ageing
- How To Get Vitamin D During Winter in Australia
- How to Take Care of Your Skin in Winter
- 10 Arthritis Pain Relief Tips for Winter
- What are the Benefits of Emu Oil Capsules?
- The Emu
- Omega 6 – The Other Essential Fatty Acid
- How Do You Know What Is the Best Quality Emu Oil? (TGA Listed)
- Emu Spirit’s Natural Products for Healthy Skin
- Benefits of Emu Oil
- Suntec Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd
- Copyright © Emu Spirit .
- Website by Wolf
Prices in AUD
To speak with us call
1800 662 212