5 Ancient Health Remedies
By Emu Spirit | September 24, 2021 | Blog
The modern world is loud and proud about all of the new things it has to offer, but when it comes to preventative medicine, has science been able to replace the tried and tested remedies of the past?
Here are 5 Ancient Remedies that can help improve your health and general wellbeing.
It took less than 50 years from the discovery of America by Christopher Columbus for the Cayenne pepper to spread across every continent of the world and be adopted into countless cultural cuisines and medicinal practices.
Excluding garlic, there isn’t a food on the planet that has as many health and nutritional benefits which are supported by over 3000 peer reviewed studies. From protecting you from heart disease to boosting your immune system, Cayenne does it all. However, the most popular medicinal use for Cayenne throughout history has been pain relief.
When combined with Olive Oil and Beeswax, Cayenne can be made into a salve that keeps for a long time and has natural healing and pain relief properties when applied to closed wounds.
Aside from being a yummy staple in any good pastry chef’s kitchen, the blackberry has a long history of medicinal value throughout Europe. Its history dates back as early as 2,500 years ago and is an ideal food for anybody looking a natural and healthy remedy to ageing.
The blackberry contains hundreds of phytonutrients and phytochemicals that have immense anti-aging properties which help your body to detoxify and repair itself after a workout. Blackberries are also rich in tannins which reduce intestinal inflammation and reduce belly bloat, giving you that much desired trim belly. The blackberry also contains large amounts of Vitamin E, which assist in combating arthritis, chronic inflammation and other age-related illnesses.
We have only scratched the surface on the health points of blackberries but it’s easy as pie to obtain them all. Just add a cup to your morning breakfast to reap the benefits.
Ginger is a flowering plant from the jungles of Southeast Asia. Its “tubers” or “roots” are the part of the plant that have commonly been used in cooking and medicine for thousands of years.
The unique flavour of ginger comes from one of its natural oils called Gingerol. Research on Gingerol has shown it to have anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, anti-oxidant, neuroprotective and gastroprotective properties.
Ginger does a lot to keep you healthy. It’s also an incredibly effective natural remedy for nausea so be sure to load up after a big night out by adding a little bit of ginger to your morning tea.
What did the ancient indigenous peoples of North America take when they caught a cold? Unfortunately, they didn’t have access to Codral Cold and Flu as we do today. They did however have a secret weapon in the form of a flower called Echinacea.
Echinacea is a flowering plant in the daisy family. They are commonly called coneflowers and are found exclusively in the eastern and north America where they grow in dry wooded areas. Echinacea are famous for their natural flu fighting properties and their ability to strengthen your immune system.
The best part is you don’t have to book a long flight to North America next time you catch the flu. Echinacea extract is widely available in pill or gel form at most major pharmacies across Australia.
For thousands of years, the native aboriginal people of Australia have relied heavily on Emu Oil for countless therapeutic and regenerative purposes, and for good reason, it works!
Today, we have rendered Emu Oil’s powerful anti-inflammatory properties into convenient capsules to help provide natural relief from conditions such as Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Rheumatism, Eczema and Psoriasis.
We at Emu Spirit has gone to great lengths to ensure that our Emu Oil is 100% pure by developing a trademarked process called OilTek™ which ensures that our oil maintains the same molecular structure as the raw, natural product which was used by the great and wise aboriginal medicine men and women of the past.
Find out how you can benefit from the healing properties of Emu Oil in your everyday life here.
- Why Emu Oil is a Must-Have for Springtime
- How the Team use Emu Spirit at Home
- How to Deal with Eczema Flare Ups
- 15 Tips for Living with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- 5 Australian native bushfoods that have surprising health benefits
- National Stroke Week 2021: Eat Well
- Our Easy Overnight Oats Recipe
- Managing Chronic Pain
- Three places on earth where people live the longest
- Foods that promote gut health
- 5 Ancient Health Remedies
- Emu Spirit for Every Day Life
- The Benefits of Omega 369 for Hair
- Emu Oil for Eczema
- Why Emu Oil is Great For Kids
- Have You Tried Emu Oil Aromatherapy?
- 5 Ways to use Emu Oil for Pets
- How to Deal with Work-From-Home Body Pains
- 5 Ways to Treat Sore Muscles
- 4 Summer Treats with Emu Oil
- 5 Healthy New Year’s Resolutions
- Healthier Alternatives to Serve at Christmas
- Have you tried adding Emu Oil to these 5 Everyday Items?
- Have you used Emu Oil in these 4 Unusual Ways?
- Before and After using Emu Spirit
- Learn More about Emu Spirit
- 4 Ways to use Emu Oil
- Staying Healthy at Home
- Protecting Your Skin in Winter
- Emu Oil: Your Skin Healer
- 7 Natural Immunity Boosters for 7 Days of the Week
- Emu Oil for Internal Health
- Taking Care of Your Skin in the Winter
- Multi-Uses for Pure Emu Oil
- Taking Care of Your Health & Hands during COVID-19
- Easy Immunity Boosters for your Autumn Health Routine
- Natural Immunity Boosters for Autumn
- How to use Emu Oil for Babies
- Why You Should Use Emu Oil for Massage Therapy
- 10 Uses for Emu Oil You May Not Know About
- Massage Techniques for Arthritis with Emu Oil
- How to Deal with Chronic Pain
- Emu oil: this summer’s secret weapon
- What is emu oil and why is it good for you?
- 5 Tips For a Healthier Christmas
- 5 Tips for a Happy, Healthy Summer
- Is your Allergy Medication Interfering with your Appetite?
- What Medications Cause Water Retention?
- 5 Fun Ways to Drink Emu Oil
- The Difference Between a Chiropractor, Osteopath and Physiotherapist
- 10 ways Emu Oil helps in warmer weather
- 5 Natural Allergy Immunity Boosters
- 5 Tips for Healthy Winter Skin
- Emu Oil Benefits: Inside and Out
- 5 Natural Remedies to deal with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Health for the Whole Family: Using Emu Oil for Kids
- 3 Ways to Boost Up your Emu Oil Routine
- Using Emu Oil for Your Pet’s Health and Wellbeing
- 4 Ways to Start Your Morning Routine with Emu Spirit
- The Beauty of Emu Oil: Treating your Face, Hair & Nails
- 10 Every Day Health Hacks with Emu Oil
- The Secret Ingredient You Should Add to Your Skincare Routine
- Can Emu Oil Promote Better Gut Health?
- Getting to the Root of the Cause: Emu Oil for Hair Loss
- After-Sun Care with Emu Spirit
- Emu Oil: Health for the Whole Family
- 4 More Benefits of Emu Oil
- 4 Unknown Benefits of Emu Oil
- What Are Comedogenic Oils & Their Ranking?
- Emu Oil Skin Benefits?
- 5 Unexpected Things You Can Use Emu Oil For
- Protecting your skin and immune system in Spring
- 5 Benefits of Emu Oil and What Makes It Effective
- Using Emu Oil for the Digestive Tract
- Using Emu Oil for Asthma
- Emu Spirit for treating Redness and Rosacea
- 5 Reasons Why You Need To Try Emu Oil
- 5 Ways to Relieve Back Pain
- 5 Ways to Boost Your Immune System
- Chemical vs. Natural Anti-Inflammatory Pain Relief
- Fish Oil vs. Emu Oil
- How to use Emu Oil to treat Allergies
- Emu Oil for Hair Loss?
- Research Suggests Anti-Inflammatories are Key to Treating Acne
- How To Use Emu Oil to Treat Psoriasis
- Why Emu Oil is Effective for Skin Treatment
- Is Emu Oil Effective for Treating Osteoarthritic Hand Pain?
- Emu Oil Can Help Treat Eczema
- 8 Tips to Manage Eczema Flare Ups this Season
- 4 Benefits of Emu Oil You Should Know
- 5 Skin Survival Tips for Changing Climate
- 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods to Keep You Healthy This Spring
- The Amazing Benefits of Pure Emu Oil for Your Skin
- 9 Antioxidants That Can Help Prevent Premature Skin Ageing
- How To Get Vitamin D During Winter in Australia
- How to Take Care of Your Skin in Winter
- 10 Arthritis Pain Relief Tips for Winter
- What are the Benefits of Emu Oil Capsules?
- The Emu
- Omega 6 – The Other Essential Fatty Acid
- How Do You Know What Is the Best Quality Emu Oil? (TGA Listed)
- Emu Spirit’s Natural Products for Healthy Skin
- Benefits of Emu Oil
- Suntec Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd
- Copyright © Emu Spirit .
- Website by Wolf
Prices in AUD
To speak with us call
1800 662 212