5 Tips For a Healthier Christmas
By Emu Spirit | October 16, 2020 | Blog
With Christmas just around the corner, it’s a notorious time to indulge. While it’s so easy to eat more than your usual portions amidst the festivities, it’s never a great feeling the next day. Thankfully, if you can eat consciously during the Christmas period, you’ll be able to get through it without too much impact to your health and waistline.
Here’s our 5 simple tips for a healthier Christmas:
1. Don’t go to a party on an empty stomach
Being too hungry will almost guarantee you overindulging on unhealthy foods. It’s a good idea to eat a light meal before you head out, so you don’t fill up on high calorie meals. Grabbing a yoghurt, smoothie or piece of fruit before you head out will help you curb your cravings so you’re not grabbing the first snack you see when you arrive at the party.
It’s also handy when you’re not sure what your host will be serving.
2. Don’t stand near the food table
This one is easy to remember. Avoid standing near the food table because you are more likely to pick at the food. Instead, walk around and go chat to everyone. The further you are away from the food, the more likely you won’t end up consuming too many calories. When you do eat, eat sitting down. When we eat standing, we’re not paying attention to what we’re eating and how much we’re eating. Grab your plate, fill it up and find a seat.
3. Limit your alcohol
Getting caught up in the festivities means it’s easy to have one too many. Limit your alcohol intake by making every second drink a glass of water. This way, you stay hydrated throughout the event, and you end up consuming fewer calories.
4. Serve yourself
If you’re eating your meal hosted by a close friend or relative, try and serve yourself. You’ll be able to have more control over your portion size, and avoid feeling obligated to eat everything on your plate so as to not offend the host! You can also hold the dressing, or ask for the dressing or sauce on the side to help keep the calories of your meal lower.
5. Drink pure emu oil the next day
If your gut is feeling worse for wear the next day, try taking a spoonful of pure emu oil. With its proven anti-inflammatory properties, emu oil could be beneficial in alleviating the symptoms of a wide range of digestive issues. Studies have shown emu oil may have the ability to improve intestinal repair naturally, while also reducing inflammation in the digestive tract.
- Have you tried adding Emu Oil to these 5 Everyday Items?
- Have you used Emu Oil in these 4 Unusual Ways?
- Before and After using Emu Spirit
- Learn More about Emu Spirit
- 4 Ways to use Emu Oil
- Staying Healthy at Home
- Protecting Your Skin in Winter
- Emu Oil: Your Skin Healer
- 7 Natural Immunity Boosters for 7 Days of the Week
- Emu Oil for Internal Health
- Taking Care of Your Skin in the Winter
- Multi-Uses for Pure Emu Oil
- Taking Care of Your Health & Hands during COVID-19
- Easy Immunity Boosters for your Autumn Health Routine
- Natural Immunity Boosters for Autumn
- How to use Emu Oil for Babies
- Why You Should Use Emu Oil for Massage Therapy
- 10 Uses for Emu Oil You May Not Know About
- Massage Techniques for Arthritis with Emu Oil
- How to Deal with Chronic Pain
- Emu oil: this summer’s secret weapon
- What is emu oil and why is it good for you?
- 5 Tips For a Healthier Christmas
- 5 Tips for a Happy, Healthy Summer
- Is your Allergy Medication Interfering with your Appetite?
- What Medications Cause Water Retention?
- 5 Fun Ways to Drink Emu Oil
- The Difference Between a Chiropractor, Osteopath and Physiotherapist
- 10 ways Emu Oil helps in warmer weather
- 5 Natural Allergy Immunity Boosters
- 5 Tips for Healthy Winter Skin
- Emu Oil Benefits: Inside and Out
- 5 Natural Remedies to deal with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Health for the Whole Family: Using Emu Oil for Kids
- 3 Ways to Boost Up your Emu Oil Routine
- Using Emu Oil for Your Pet’s Health and Wellbeing
- 4 Ways to Start Your Morning Routine with Emu Spirit
- The Beauty of Emu Oil: Treating your Face, Hair & Nails
- 10 Every Day Health Hacks with Emu Oil
- The Secret Ingredient You Should Add to Your Skincare Routine
- Can Emu Oil Promote Better Gut Health?
- Getting to the Root of the Cause: Emu Oil for Hair Loss
- After-Sun Care with Emu Spirit
- Emu Oil: Health for the Whole Family
- 4 More Benefits of Emu Oil
- 4 Unknown Benefits of Emu Oil
- What Are Comedogenic Oils & Their Ranking?
- Emu Oil Skin Benefits?
- 5 Unexpected Things You Can Use Emu Oil For
- Protecting your skin and immune system in Spring
- 5 Benefits of Emu Oil and What Makes It Effective
- Using Emu Oil for the Digestive Tract
- Using Emu Oil for Asthma
- Emu Spirit for treating Redness and Rosacea
- 5 Reasons Why You Need To Try Emu Oil
- 5 Ways to Relieve Back Pain
- 5 Ways to Boost Your Immune System
- Chemical vs. Natural Anti-Inflammatory Pain Relief
- Fish Oil vs. Emu Oil
- How to use Emu Oil to treat Allergies
- Emu Oil for Hair Loss?
- Research Suggests Anti-Inflammatories are Key to Treating Acne
- How To Use Emu Oil to Treat Psoriasis
- Why Emu Oil is Effective for Skin Treatment
- Is Emu Oil Effective for Treating Osteoarthritic Hand Pain?
- Emu Oil Can Help Treat Eczema
- 8 Tips to Manage Eczema Flare Ups this Season
- 4 Benefits of Emu Oil You Should Know
- 5 Skin Survival Tips for Changing Climate
- 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods to Keep You Healthy This Spring
- The Amazing Benefits of Pure Emu Oil for Your Skin
- 9 Antioxidants That Can Help Prevent Premature Skin Ageing
- How To Get Vitamin D During Winter in Australia
- How to Take Care of Your Skin in Winter
- 10 Arthritis Pain Relief Tips for Winter
- What are the Benefits of Emu Oil Capsules?
- The Emu
- Omega 6 – The Other Essential Fatty Acid
- How Do You Know What Is the Best Quality Emu Oil? (TGA Listed)
- Emu Spirit’s Natural Products for Healthy Skin
- Benefits of Emu Oil
- Suntec Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd
- Copyright © Emu Spirit .
- Website by Wolf
Prices in AUD
To speak with us call
1800 662 212