5 Unexpected Things You Can Use Emu Oil For
By Emu Spirit | August 10, 2020 | Blog
Emu oil’s natural anti-inflammatory properties can be used to treat a range of health issues. The most common are psoriasis, eczema, arthritis, inflammatory pain and discomfort of the muscles, joints and skin.
It’s no secret Australian Aborigines have used emu oil in a multitude of ways to naturally treat aches, pains and skin conditions over thousands of years. (Fun fact: According to their oral history, emu oil has been used for over 40,000 years!). It’s only natural that after prolonged trial, usage and success; studies have found many more amazing benefits to using emu oil – making it a wonderfully holistic product to promote general wellbeing and health!
Emu oil may be helpful for…
1. Skincare and Anti-Aging
Researched suggests that applying emu oil to the skin may help increase the number of healthy skin cells. Emu oil stimulates the skin to reduce the appearance of skin wrinkles, and rejuvenate aging or sun-damaged skin. It’s also been recommended for use in the treatment of skin conditions such as seborrheic dermatitis, alopecia, rosacea, hypopigmentation and even chickenpox and shingles!
2. Repelling Insects
Applying emu oil to the skin before heading outdoors can help repel bugs This is partly due to substances called terpenes found in the oil. Many insects are disoriented or repelled by terpenes, and putting the oil on exposed skin can keep the bugs at bay.
3. Reducing Cholesterol
When induced orally, emu oil may reduce cholesterol in the body. In 2004, researchers found that hamsters that consumed emu oil had significantly lower cholesterol levels than those that received coconut oil in their diet.
4. Treating Ulcers
According to research, emu oil may also help treat ulcers. In people who had ulcers, applications of emu oil had a protective effect. In some cases, the emu oil even reduced the size of the ulcers!
5. Breast Sensitivity
According to research, emu oil may also reduce the breast sensitivity common in breastfeeding mothers. Soreness, engorgement, cracked and dry skin can be experienced by some women. Researchers found that when breastfeeding mothers used an emu-based cream for a 24 hour period beginning soon after delivery, the breast areola and nipple skin was more hydrated.
Emu Spirit’s 100% Pure Oil of Emu is a multi-purpose product that can be taken orally and also applied topically onto the skin to treat a variety of ailments.
100% Emu Oil
- Staying Healthy at Home
- Protecting Your Skin in Winter
- Emu Oil: Your Skin Healer
- 7 Natural Immunity Boosters for 7 Days of the Week
- Emu Oil for Internal Health
- Taking Care of Your Skin in the Winter
- Multi-Uses for Pure Emu Oil
- Taking Care of Your Health & Hands during COVID-19
- Easy Immunity Boosters for your Autumn Health Routine
- Natural Immunity Boosters for Autumn
- How to use Emu Oil for Babies
- Why You Should Use Emu Oil for Massage Therapy
- 10 Uses for Emu Oil You May Not Know About
- Massage Techniques for Arthritis with Emu Oil
- How to Deal with Chronic Pain
- Emu oil: this summer’s secret weapon
- What is emu oil and why is it good for you?
- 5 Tips For a Healthier Christmas
- 5 Tips for a Happy, Healthy Summer
- Is your Allergy Medication Interfering with your Appetite?
- What Medications Cause Water Retention?
- 5 Fun Ways to Drink Emu Oil
- The Difference Between a Chiropractor, Osteopath and Physiotherapist
- 10 ways Emu Oil helps in warmer weather
- 5 Natural Allergy Immunity Boosters
- 5 Tips for Healthy Winter Skin
- Emu Oil Benefits: Inside and Out
- 5 Natural Remedies to deal with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Health for the Whole Family: Using Emu Oil for Kids
- 3 Ways to Boost Up your Emu Oil Routine
- Using Emu Oil for Your Pet’s Health and Wellbeing
- 4 Ways to Start Your Morning Routine with Emu Spirit
- The Beauty of Emu Oil: Treating your Face, Hair & Nails
- 10 Every Day Health Hacks with Emu Oil
- The Secret Ingredient You Should Add to Your Skincare Routine
- Can Emu Oil Promote Better Gut Health?
- Getting to the Root of the Cause: Emu Oil for Hair Loss
- After-Sun Care with Emu Spirit
- Emu Oil: Health for the Whole Family
- 4 More Benefits of Emu Oil
- 4 Unknown Benefits of Emu Oil
- What Are Comedogenic Oils & Their Ranking?
- Emu Oil Skin Benefits?
- 5 Unexpected Things You Can Use Emu Oil For
- Protecting your skin and immune system in Spring
- 5 Benefits of Emu Oil and What Makes It Effective
- Using Emu Oil for the Digestive Tract
- Using Emu Oil for Asthma
- Emu Spirit for treating Redness and Rosacea
- 5 Reasons Why You Need To Try Emu Oil
- 5 Ways to Relieve Back Pain
- 5 Ways to Boost Your Immune System
- Chemical vs. Natural Anti-Inflammatory Pain Relief
- Fish Oil vs. Emu Oil
- How to use Emu Oil to treat Allergies
- Emu Oil for Hair Loss?
- Research Suggests Anti-Inflammatories are Key to Treating Acne
- How To Use Emu Oil to Treat Psoriasis
- Why Emu Oil is Effective for Skin Treatment
- Is Emu Oil Effective for Treating Osteoarthritic Hand Pain?
- Emu Oil Can Help Treat Eczema
- 8 Tips to Manage Eczema Flare Ups this Season
- 4 Benefits of Emu Oil You Should Know
- 5 Skin Survival Tips for Changing Climate
- 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods to Keep You Healthy This Spring
- The Amazing Benefits of Pure Emu Oil for Your Skin
- 9 Antioxidants That Can Help Prevent Premature Skin Ageing
- How To Get Vitamin D During Winter in Australia
- How to Take Care of Your Skin in Winter
- 10 Arthritis Pain Relief Tips for Winter
- What are the Benefits of Emu Oil Capsules?
- The Emu
- Omega 6 – The Other Essential Fatty Acid
- How Do You Know What Is the Best Quality Emu Oil? (TGA Listed)
- Emu Spirit’s Natural Products for Healthy Skin
- Benefits of Emu Oil
- Suntec Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd
- Copyright © Emu Spirit .
- Website by Wolf
Prices in AUD
To speak with us call
1800 662 212