After-Sun Care with Emu Spirit
By Emu Spirit | October 17, 2020 | Blog
Summertime means more hours spent outdoors; soaking up more Vitamin D and sunshine. This can lift our spirits and give us more energy, however, like good things there is a risk of overindulgence. Excessive exposure to the sun can result in sunburns, or at worst; skin cancer.
Many of our customers have noticed that emu oil has provided them with additional protection from the sun, when applied underneath their regular sunscreen. This is because emu oil has a natural sun factor *. Emu oil can also provide an extra layer of protection for the skin against dehydration by the sun, which is great for those of us who are concerned about all the chemicals contained in regular sunscreens.
Even though we are usually careful about our sun protection routine, there are occasions where we will experience sun-damage.
Sun damage symptoms
After being over-exposed in the sun, you may experience symptoms of sun damage.
These can include:
– Sensitive & red cheeks
– Dry & dehydrated body skin
– Peeling and flaky skin
– Frizzy hair
– Dry lips or heels
Revitalise sun-damaged skin with these 5 easy tips:
Everyone knows how important it is to apply sunscreen before outdoor activities. However, most people don’t realise that it is equally as crucial to hydrate your skin after it’s been exposed under harsh sunlight. If your skin already appears to be dehydrated, then your body is most likely also dehydrated. Make sure you drink plenty of water daily.
2. Cleanse your face and body
Your skin can become dry and sensitive after a beach trip (because the sea breeze and sand naturally exfoliates your skin, which can sometimes irritate it). Use a mild, soap-free formula to smooth and calm your skin. The best ones contain ingredients
3. Deep condition your hair
Your hair can also be damaged by the skin, so make sure you wash your hair thoroughly and gently. You can apply emu oil through your hair and scalp, gently massage it in, leave it for 10 minutes and rinse off. The emu oil can help moisturise your dry scalp and hair, as well as stimulate hair growth!
4. Treat your feet
If you have dry or cracked skin on your heels, an easy solution is to apply emu oil on the cracked areas. Use a few drops of 100% pure emu oil, massage gently and make sure all the oil has been absorbed. The emu oil can hydrate, moisturise and repair dry and damaged skin.
5. After-sun treatment
If you are accidentally sun burnt, emu oil is a good choice to mitigate the damage, pain and prevents peeling.
* Emu oil is not a substitution for sunscreen.
- Have you tried adding Emu Oil to these 5 Everyday Items?
- Have you used Emu Oil in these 4 Unusual Ways?
- Before and After using Emu Spirit
- Learn More about Emu Spirit
- 4 Ways to use Emu Oil
- Staying Healthy at Home
- Protecting Your Skin in Winter
- Emu Oil: Your Skin Healer
- 7 Natural Immunity Boosters for 7 Days of the Week
- Emu Oil for Internal Health
- Taking Care of Your Skin in the Winter
- Multi-Uses for Pure Emu Oil
- Taking Care of Your Health & Hands during COVID-19
- Easy Immunity Boosters for your Autumn Health Routine
- Natural Immunity Boosters for Autumn
- How to use Emu Oil for Babies
- Why You Should Use Emu Oil for Massage Therapy
- 10 Uses for Emu Oil You May Not Know About
- Massage Techniques for Arthritis with Emu Oil
- How to Deal with Chronic Pain
- Emu oil: this summer’s secret weapon
- What is emu oil and why is it good for you?
- 5 Tips For a Healthier Christmas
- 5 Tips for a Happy, Healthy Summer
- Is your Allergy Medication Interfering with your Appetite?
- What Medications Cause Water Retention?
- 5 Fun Ways to Drink Emu Oil
- The Difference Between a Chiropractor, Osteopath and Physiotherapist
- 10 ways Emu Oil helps in warmer weather
- 5 Natural Allergy Immunity Boosters
- 5 Tips for Healthy Winter Skin
- Emu Oil Benefits: Inside and Out
- 5 Natural Remedies to deal with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Health for the Whole Family: Using Emu Oil for Kids
- 3 Ways to Boost Up your Emu Oil Routine
- Using Emu Oil for Your Pet’s Health and Wellbeing
- 4 Ways to Start Your Morning Routine with Emu Spirit
- The Beauty of Emu Oil: Treating your Face, Hair & Nails
- 10 Every Day Health Hacks with Emu Oil
- The Secret Ingredient You Should Add to Your Skincare Routine
- Can Emu Oil Promote Better Gut Health?
- Getting to the Root of the Cause: Emu Oil for Hair Loss
- After-Sun Care with Emu Spirit
- Emu Oil: Health for the Whole Family
- 4 More Benefits of Emu Oil
- 4 Unknown Benefits of Emu Oil
- What Are Comedogenic Oils & Their Ranking?
- Emu Oil Skin Benefits?
- 5 Unexpected Things You Can Use Emu Oil For
- Protecting your skin and immune system in Spring
- 5 Benefits of Emu Oil and What Makes It Effective
- Using Emu Oil for the Digestive Tract
- Using Emu Oil for Asthma
- Emu Spirit for treating Redness and Rosacea
- 5 Reasons Why You Need To Try Emu Oil
- 5 Ways to Relieve Back Pain
- 5 Ways to Boost Your Immune System
- Chemical vs. Natural Anti-Inflammatory Pain Relief
- Fish Oil vs. Emu Oil
- How to use Emu Oil to treat Allergies
- Emu Oil for Hair Loss?
- Research Suggests Anti-Inflammatories are Key to Treating Acne
- How To Use Emu Oil to Treat Psoriasis
- Why Emu Oil is Effective for Skin Treatment
- Is Emu Oil Effective for Treating Osteoarthritic Hand Pain?
- Emu Oil Can Help Treat Eczema
- 8 Tips to Manage Eczema Flare Ups this Season
- 4 Benefits of Emu Oil You Should Know
- 5 Skin Survival Tips for Changing Climate
- 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods to Keep You Healthy This Spring
- The Amazing Benefits of Pure Emu Oil for Your Skin
- 9 Antioxidants That Can Help Prevent Premature Skin Ageing
- How To Get Vitamin D During Winter in Australia
- How to Take Care of Your Skin in Winter
- 10 Arthritis Pain Relief Tips for Winter
- What are the Benefits of Emu Oil Capsules?
- The Emu
- Omega 6 – The Other Essential Fatty Acid
- How Do You Know What Is the Best Quality Emu Oil? (TGA Listed)
- Emu Spirit’s Natural Products for Healthy Skin
- Benefits of Emu Oil
- Suntec Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd
- Copyright © Emu Spirit .
- Website by Wolf
Prices in AUD
To speak with us call
1800 662 212