Foods that promote gut health
By Emu Spirit | September 23, 2021 | Blog
Did you know that the human body contains trillions of microorganisms, outnumbering our own human cells 10 to 1? We know it sounds scary, but it is actually good news. This is because the vast majority of the microorganisms within us actually play an important role in maintaining our physical and mental health.
Most of these microorganisms reside within our gut as a complex ecosystem of bacteria. A healthy gut contains mostly good bacteria, helping your body to digest food comfortably, properly absorb nutrients and ward off cancer.
Here are 4 foods and supplements that promote the growth of good bacteria and a healthy gut:
Wholegrain bread contains a lot of fibre, which is something the human body is unable to digest as we lack the enzymes needed to break it down. When we eat something fibrous (such as wholegrain bread) the fibre passes through the gastrointestinal tract intact. When it reaches the large intestine, it’s fermented by the gut microbiota which produces short-chain fatty acids (SCFAs). SCFAs are beneficial to gut health because they provide our intestinal cells with a source of energy as well as maintaining the integrity of the gastrointestinal tract which is important or keeping harmful bacteria at bay.
Probiotics are a combination of live bacteria that live in your body. Bacteria is often viewed as something negative that makes you sick. However, you actually have two different kinds of bacteria – good bacteria and bad bacteria. Probiotics are made up of good bacteria which helps to keep your body healthy and working well by supporting your immune function. Yoghurt, alongside other fermented foods is a great source of probiotics and should not be overlooked during your weekly grocery shop.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Much of our food today is cooked in seed oils that have only been part of the human diet for the last 100 years. These oils are but not limited to Canola oil, Peanut Oil or Soybean Oil. Needless to say, none of these oils are particularly good for your health and are a big contributor to the rise in obesity and cardiovascular disease around the globe.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) on the other hand is about as healthy a fat as you can get, and has been a dietary staple to people within the Mediterranean for thousands of years.
Studies link EVOO to lowering risk of stroke and cancer to decreasing inflammation and indigestion. It also has a naturally high polyphenol content which feeds the good bacteria in your gut.
Used by the Australian Aborigines for thousands of years as both medicine and a food source – Emu Oil is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. People who eat a diet high in omega-3 fatty acids have a greater bacterial diversity in their guts which can help lower cholesterol and reduce blood pressure, as well as reduce bowel inflammation and discomfort.
Take full advantage of the health benefits of emu oil by incorporate a spoonful of 100% Pure Oil of Emu into your daily diet.
- Why Emu Oil is a Must-Have for Springtime
- How the Team use Emu Spirit at Home
- How to Deal with Eczema Flare Ups
- 15 Tips for Living with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- 5 Australian native bushfoods that have surprising health benefits
- National Stroke Week 2021: Eat Well
- Our Easy Overnight Oats Recipe
- Managing Chronic Pain
- Three places on earth where people live the longest
- Foods that promote gut health
- 5 Ancient Health Remedies
- Emu Spirit for Every Day Life
- The Benefits of Omega 369 for Hair
- Emu Oil for Eczema
- Why Emu Oil is Great For Kids
- Have You Tried Emu Oil Aromatherapy?
- 5 Ways to use Emu Oil for Pets
- How to Deal with Work-From-Home Body Pains
- 5 Ways to Treat Sore Muscles
- 4 Summer Treats with Emu Oil
- 5 Healthy New Year’s Resolutions
- Healthier Alternatives to Serve at Christmas
- Have you tried adding Emu Oil to these 5 Everyday Items?
- Have you used Emu Oil in these 4 Unusual Ways?
- Before and After using Emu Spirit
- Learn More about Emu Spirit
- 4 Ways to use Emu Oil
- Staying Healthy at Home
- Protecting Your Skin in Winter
- Emu Oil: Your Skin Healer
- 7 Natural Immunity Boosters for 7 Days of the Week
- Emu Oil for Internal Health
- Taking Care of Your Skin in the Winter
- Multi-Uses for Pure Emu Oil
- Taking Care of Your Health & Hands during COVID-19
- Easy Immunity Boosters for your Autumn Health Routine
- Natural Immunity Boosters for Autumn
- How to use Emu Oil for Babies
- Why You Should Use Emu Oil for Massage Therapy
- 10 Uses for Emu Oil You May Not Know About
- Massage Techniques for Arthritis with Emu Oil
- How to Deal with Chronic Pain
- Emu oil: this summer’s secret weapon
- What is emu oil and why is it good for you?
- 5 Tips For a Healthier Christmas
- 5 Tips for a Happy, Healthy Summer
- Is your Allergy Medication Interfering with your Appetite?
- What Medications Cause Water Retention?
- 5 Fun Ways to Drink Emu Oil
- The Difference Between a Chiropractor, Osteopath and Physiotherapist
- 10 ways Emu Oil helps in warmer weather
- 5 Natural Allergy Immunity Boosters
- 5 Tips for Healthy Winter Skin
- Emu Oil Benefits: Inside and Out
- 5 Natural Remedies to deal with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Health for the Whole Family: Using Emu Oil for Kids
- 3 Ways to Boost Up your Emu Oil Routine
- Using Emu Oil for Your Pet’s Health and Wellbeing
- 4 Ways to Start Your Morning Routine with Emu Spirit
- The Beauty of Emu Oil: Treating your Face, Hair & Nails
- 10 Every Day Health Hacks with Emu Oil
- The Secret Ingredient You Should Add to Your Skincare Routine
- Can Emu Oil Promote Better Gut Health?
- Getting to the Root of the Cause: Emu Oil for Hair Loss
- After-Sun Care with Emu Spirit
- Emu Oil: Health for the Whole Family
- 4 More Benefits of Emu Oil
- 4 Unknown Benefits of Emu Oil
- What Are Comedogenic Oils & Their Ranking?
- Emu Oil Skin Benefits?
- 5 Unexpected Things You Can Use Emu Oil For
- Protecting your skin and immune system in Spring
- 5 Benefits of Emu Oil and What Makes It Effective
- Using Emu Oil for the Digestive Tract
- Using Emu Oil for Asthma
- Emu Spirit for treating Redness and Rosacea
- 5 Reasons Why You Need To Try Emu Oil
- 5 Ways to Relieve Back Pain
- 5 Ways to Boost Your Immune System
- Chemical vs. Natural Anti-Inflammatory Pain Relief
- Fish Oil vs. Emu Oil
- How to use Emu Oil to treat Allergies
- Emu Oil for Hair Loss?
- Research Suggests Anti-Inflammatories are Key to Treating Acne
- How To Use Emu Oil to Treat Psoriasis
- Why Emu Oil is Effective for Skin Treatment
- Is Emu Oil Effective for Treating Osteoarthritic Hand Pain?
- Emu Oil Can Help Treat Eczema
- 8 Tips to Manage Eczema Flare Ups this Season
- 4 Benefits of Emu Oil You Should Know
- 5 Skin Survival Tips for Changing Climate
- 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods to Keep You Healthy This Spring
- The Amazing Benefits of Pure Emu Oil for Your Skin
- 9 Antioxidants That Can Help Prevent Premature Skin Ageing
- How To Get Vitamin D During Winter in Australia
- How to Take Care of Your Skin in Winter
- 10 Arthritis Pain Relief Tips for Winter
- What are the Benefits of Emu Oil Capsules?
- The Emu
- Omega 6 – The Other Essential Fatty Acid
- How Do You Know What Is the Best Quality Emu Oil? (TGA Listed)
- Emu Spirit’s Natural Products for Healthy Skin
- Benefits of Emu Oil
- Suntec Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd
- Copyright © Emu Spirit .
- Website by Wolf
Prices in AUD
To speak with us call
1800 662 212