How to Deal with Work-From-Home Body Pains
By Emu Spirit | January 21, 2022 | Blog
Many of us are working within a makeshift work-from-home set up. While the change of pace may be refreshing, if your office set up is less than ideal, it can lead to pain and long-term health problems that stay with you long after the pandemic.
You may be putting physical stress on your body that you may not notice now, but will definitely keep later. If you’re working without ergonomic chairs, keyboards and computer monitors, are slouching, sitting too long, extending your wrists and relying on a laptop screen, you may start to experience new body aches and pains.
To avoid accelerating musculoskeletal problems such as neck, shoulder, leg, back and hand-wrist problems, it is important to maintain good posture by keeping your body in a neutral and relaxed position.
If you’re experiencing these symptoms, here’s what to watch out for and how to find a solution:
Neck and shoulder pain
Symptom: If you are looking at a low monitor or a laptop, you will be flexing your neck and your head forward and down. This change in your posture will cause your neck and shoulders to send you warning pangs.
Solution: Evaluate your work station to determine what is causing your neck and shoulder pain. Position the monitor at eye level so your neck and shoulders are in a neutral position. Place frequently-used objects nearby so your body doesn’t have to strain to use them. Place your laptop on a table that is at elbow height, and change locations or positions a couple of times per hour to increase your circulation.
Hips feel tight
Symptom: Are you sitting on the dining room chair or couch? When you’re sitting at 90 degrees, your hip flexors get tight because they’re squished. When you get out of your chair after a long time sitting, you may feel tightness in your hips. This leads to a lot of back pain.
Solution: Recline your seat to 15 or 20 degrees if your chair is adjustable, and if not, stand up frequently. Take a break every 20 minutes and keep your body moving so you’re not stuck in that tight posture.
Legs are cramping
Symptom: Leg cramps indicate poor circulation. The aching is your body and muscle saying you are not working in a good posture, you’re not getting good blood supply here.
Solution: One way to promote good circulation in your legs is to adjust the height of your chair so your feet are flat on the ground. Otherwise, use a foot rest. This new positioning alleviates the pressure on your thighs and promotes good circulation. Take breaks every 20 minutes to move around and promote good circulation.
Back is aching
Symptom: If you are leaning forward to type, this puts strain in your lumbar region. Leaning forward increases compression on those vertebrae, which can lead to back injuries.
Solution: Make sure your back is supported and not being strained, by getting your body into the best neutral position possible. If you don’t have a chair that reclines, try placing a rolled up towel behind your lower back. This preserves the inward bending of the lower back.
Wrists are hurting
Symptom: When your hands and wrists aren’t in a neutral position, this puts more strain on the tendons that go through a structure in your wrist called the carpal tunnel. As those tendons become inflamed, they put pressure on the median nerve, leading to carpal tunnel syndrome. Symptoms include tingling, numbness and muscle weakness in your hands and fingers.
Solution: Keep your wrists flat and straight when you’re working. Wrists should be as flat as possible and straight, so they are not bent left or right. If possible, use a keyboard and mouse that is ergonomic and angles out from the centre, which makes it easier for you to keep your hand and forearm in a straight line.
If you are already experiencing joint pain and muscle ache, remember to use emu oil daily to help alleviate the inflammation, tenderness, stiffness and swelling. Using it consistently can improve joint mobility and also prevent further damage by preventing scar tissue formation within the joints.
- Natural Home Remedies to Heal from Within
- Discovering Doggy Dermatisis
- Summer Bug Repellents
- SunSmart with Emu Spirit
- Emu Spirit’s Gifts for Everyone
- Emu Spirit’s Healthy Gift Guide
- Self-Massage: An Inexpensive Solution
- The 3 most common types of Dermatitis to watch out for
- Why Emu Oil is a Must-Have for Springtime
- How the Team use Emu Spirit at Home
- How to Deal with Eczema Flare Ups
- 15 Tips for Living with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- 5 Australian native bushfoods that have surprising health benefits
- National Stroke Week 2021: Eat Well
- Our Easy Overnight Oats Recipe
- Managing Chronic Pain
- Three places on earth where people live the longest
- Foods that promote gut health
- 5 Ancient Health Remedies
- Emu Spirit for Every Day Life
- The Benefits of Omega 369 for Hair
- Emu Oil for Eczema
- Why Emu Oil is Great For Kids
- Have You Tried Emu Oil Aromatherapy?
- 5 Ways to use Emu Oil for Pets
- How to Deal with Work-From-Home Body Pains
- 5 Ways to Treat Sore Muscles
- 4 Summer Treats with Emu Oil
- 5 Healthy New Year’s Resolutions
- Healthier Alternatives to Serve at Christmas
- Have you tried adding Emu Oil to these 5 Everyday Items?
- Have you used Emu Oil in these 4 Unusual Ways?
- Before and After using Emu Spirit
- Learn More about Emu Spirit
- 4 Ways to use Emu Oil
- Staying Healthy at Home
- Protecting Your Skin in Winter
- Emu Oil: Your Skin Healer
- 7 Natural Immunity Boosters for 7 Days of the Week
- Emu Oil for Internal Health
- Taking Care of Your Skin in the Winter
- Multi-Uses for Pure Emu Oil
- Taking Care of Your Health & Hands during COVID-19
- Easy Immunity Boosters for your Autumn Health Routine
- Natural Immunity Boosters for Autumn
- How to use Emu Oil for Babies
- Why You Should Use Emu Oil for Massage Therapy
- 10 Uses for Emu Oil You May Not Know About
- Massage Techniques for Arthritis with Emu Oil
- How to Deal with Chronic Pain
- Emu oil: this summer’s secret weapon
- What is emu oil and why is it good for you?
- 5 Tips For a Healthier Christmas
- 5 Tips for a Happy, Healthy Summer
- Is your Allergy Medication Interfering with your Appetite?
- What Medications Cause Water Retention?
- 5 Fun Ways to Drink Emu Oil
- The Difference Between a Chiropractor, Osteopath and Physiotherapist
- 10 ways Emu Oil helps in warmer weather
- 5 Natural Allergy Immunity Boosters
- 5 Tips for Healthy Winter Skin
- Emu Oil Benefits: Inside and Out
- 5 Natural Remedies to deal with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Health for the Whole Family: Using Emu Oil for Kids
- 3 Ways to Boost Up your Emu Oil Routine
- Using Emu Oil for Your Pet’s Health and Wellbeing
- 4 Ways to Start Your Morning Routine with Emu Spirit
- The Beauty of Emu Oil: Treating your Face, Hair & Nails
- 10 Every Day Health Hacks with Emu Oil
- The Secret Ingredient You Should Add to Your Skincare Routine
- Can Emu Oil Promote Better Gut Health?
- Getting to the Root of the Cause: Emu Oil for Hair Loss
- After-Sun Care with Emu Spirit
- Emu Oil: Health for the Whole Family
- 4 More Benefits of Emu Oil
- 4 Unknown Benefits of Emu Oil
- What Are Comedogenic Oils & Their Ranking?
- Emu Oil Skin Benefits?
- 5 Unexpected Things You Can Use Emu Oil For
- Protecting your skin and immune system in Spring
- 5 Benefits of Emu Oil and What Makes It Effective
- Using Emu Oil for the Digestive Tract
- Using Emu Oil for Asthma
- Emu Spirit for treating Redness and Rosacea
- 5 Reasons Why You Need To Try Emu Oil
- 5 Ways to Relieve Back Pain
- 5 Ways to Boost Your Immune System
- Chemical vs. Natural Anti-Inflammatory Pain Relief
- Fish Oil vs. Emu Oil
- How to use Emu Oil to treat Allergies
- Emu Oil for Hair Loss?
- Research Suggests Anti-Inflammatories are Key to Treating Acne
- How To Use Emu Oil to Treat Psoriasis
- Why Emu Oil is Effective for Skin Treatment
- Is Emu Oil Effective for Treating Osteoarthritic Hand Pain?
- Emu Oil Can Help Treat Eczema
- 8 Tips to Manage Eczema Flare Ups this Season
- 4 Benefits of Emu Oil You Should Know
- 5 Skin Survival Tips for Changing Climate
- 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods to Keep You Healthy This Spring
- The Amazing Benefits of Pure Emu Oil for Your Skin
- 9 Antioxidants That Can Help Prevent Premature Skin Ageing
- How To Get Vitamin D During Winter in Australia
- How to Take Care of Your Skin in Winter
- 10 Arthritis Pain Relief Tips for Winter
- What are the Benefits of Emu Oil Capsules?
- The Emu
- Omega 6 – The Other Essential Fatty Acid
- How Do You Know What Is the Best Quality Emu Oil? (TGA Listed)
- Emu Spirit’s Natural Products for Healthy Skin
- Benefits of Emu Oil
- Suntec Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd
- Copyright © Emu Spirit .
- Website by Wolf
Prices in AUD
To speak with us call
1800 662 212