How to use Emu Oil for Babies
By Emu Spirit | August 10, 2020 | Blog
Being new parents is a daunting yet exciting experience. There are so many things you need to take care of post-baby; from food, clothing, sleep schedules, diaper changes and everything in between. Add one more thing to the ever-growing list: your newborn’s skin.
Babies and infants have delicate, thin skin. Many external factors can irritate their skin, such as harsh climate, foods new to the digestive system, and allergies leading to rash and eczema.
Common skin conditioners for newborns include:
– Seborrheic Dermatitis
– Chicken Pox
– Cradle Cap
Treatments include topical antiseptic, oral antibiotics and oral antihistamines, but we believe it is so important to use gentle, effective, 100% natural skincare products for your newborn.
If you’re looking for a natural remedy for baby’s skin, emu oil can be a great baby safe option. It is antibacterial, with calming properties which can effectively relieve skin rash symptoms such as itchiness, redness and pain. Its restorative properties means it may eventually reduce inflammation and help regenerate skin tissues. The best thing is, unlike traditional medication, emu oil is hypoallergenic and has no proven side effects.
Another common baby skin condition is diaper dermatitis, or more commonly referred to as ‘diaper rash / nappy rash’.
Usually caused by wet nappies, diarrhea, new foods and antibiotics; diaper rash is a skin disturbance that can spread rashes to other body parts and develop a fever.
If you’re looking for a natural treatment for nappy rash, consider applying pure emu oil on the affected areas of the skin. Emu oil is commonly used as a skincare product to protect and moisturise baby’s delicate skin, and the natural properties found in high quality emu oil has been found to reduce inflammation, restore skin tissue and provide relief from itching and pain. Finally – baby (and you!) can have a good night’s sleep.
Remember, if your baby developed a rash for the first time, or just started taking a new medication, always consult your physician first.
Bonus Tip #1 – Use Emu Oil in the Bath
Cool baths with oatmeal can help to stop itchy skin. But, did you know you can also add a few drops of Emu Spirit 100% Pure Oil of Emu in a warm bath to aid the treatment of baby’s irritated skin? The naturally soothing properties of emu oil leave the skin feeling soft and smooth. You can even apply emu oil after the bath, directly on the affected areas of the skin for extra protection and healing.
Bonus Tip #2 – Use Emu Oil for Stretch Marks!
Did you know emu oil may effectively reduce the appearance of scars, stretch marks and other skin damages post-birth? This is because emu oil penetrates the epidermis and the dermis, allowing its natural healing properties to repair the skin and connective tissues.
Emu oil can be used post-pregnancy, and can also be used to prevent stretch marks during pregnancy.
Simple apply Emu Spirit 100% Pure Oil of Emu on affected skin and gently massage until absorbed. Repeat this routine 3-5 times a day.
- Staying Healthy at Home
- Protecting Your Skin in Winter
- Emu Oil: Your Skin Healer
- 7 Natural Immunity Boosters for 7 Days of the Week
- Emu Oil for Internal Health
- Taking Care of Your Skin in the Winter
- Multi-Uses for Pure Emu Oil
- Taking Care of Your Health & Hands during COVID-19
- Easy Immunity Boosters for your Autumn Health Routine
- Natural Immunity Boosters for Autumn
- How to use Emu Oil for Babies
- Why You Should Use Emu Oil for Massage Therapy
- 10 Uses for Emu Oil You May Not Know About
- Massage Techniques for Arthritis with Emu Oil
- How to Deal with Chronic Pain
- Emu oil: this summer’s secret weapon
- What is emu oil and why is it good for you?
- 5 Tips For a Healthier Christmas
- 5 Tips for a Happy, Healthy Summer
- Is your Allergy Medication Interfering with your Appetite?
- What Medications Cause Water Retention?
- 5 Fun Ways to Drink Emu Oil
- The Difference Between a Chiropractor, Osteopath and Physiotherapist
- 10 ways Emu Oil helps in warmer weather
- 5 Natural Allergy Immunity Boosters
- 5 Tips for Healthy Winter Skin
- Emu Oil Benefits: Inside and Out
- 5 Natural Remedies to deal with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Health for the Whole Family: Using Emu Oil for Kids
- 3 Ways to Boost Up your Emu Oil Routine
- Using Emu Oil for Your Pet’s Health and Wellbeing
- 4 Ways to Start Your Morning Routine with Emu Spirit
- The Beauty of Emu Oil: Treating your Face, Hair & Nails
- 10 Every Day Health Hacks with Emu Oil
- The Secret Ingredient You Should Add to Your Skincare Routine
- Can Emu Oil Promote Better Gut Health?
- Getting to the Root of the Cause: Emu Oil for Hair Loss
- After-Sun Care with Emu Spirit
- Emu Oil: Health for the Whole Family
- 4 More Benefits of Emu Oil
- 4 Unknown Benefits of Emu Oil
- What Are Comedogenic Oils & Their Ranking?
- Emu Oil Skin Benefits?
- 5 Unexpected Things You Can Use Emu Oil For
- Protecting your skin and immune system in Spring
- 5 Benefits of Emu Oil and What Makes It Effective
- Using Emu Oil for the Digestive Tract
- Using Emu Oil for Asthma
- Emu Spirit for treating Redness and Rosacea
- 5 Reasons Why You Need To Try Emu Oil
- 5 Ways to Relieve Back Pain
- 5 Ways to Boost Your Immune System
- Chemical vs. Natural Anti-Inflammatory Pain Relief
- Fish Oil vs. Emu Oil
- How to use Emu Oil to treat Allergies
- Emu Oil for Hair Loss?
- Research Suggests Anti-Inflammatories are Key to Treating Acne
- How To Use Emu Oil to Treat Psoriasis
- Why Emu Oil is Effective for Skin Treatment
- Is Emu Oil Effective for Treating Osteoarthritic Hand Pain?
- Emu Oil Can Help Treat Eczema
- 8 Tips to Manage Eczema Flare Ups this Season
- 4 Benefits of Emu Oil You Should Know
- 5 Skin Survival Tips for Changing Climate
- 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods to Keep You Healthy This Spring
- The Amazing Benefits of Pure Emu Oil for Your Skin
- 9 Antioxidants That Can Help Prevent Premature Skin Ageing
- How To Get Vitamin D During Winter in Australia
- How to Take Care of Your Skin in Winter
- 10 Arthritis Pain Relief Tips for Winter
- What are the Benefits of Emu Oil Capsules?
- The Emu
- Omega 6 – The Other Essential Fatty Acid
- How Do You Know What Is the Best Quality Emu Oil? (TGA Listed)
- Emu Spirit’s Natural Products for Healthy Skin
- Benefits of Emu Oil
- Suntec Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd
- Copyright © Emu Spirit .
- Website by Wolf
Prices in AUD
To speak with us call
1800 662 212