Managing Chronic Pain
By Emu Spirit | September 23, 2021 | Blog
Many of our customers are no strangers to chronic pain. Chronic pain is typically defined as pain that lasts for more than 3 months or beyond normal healing time. Chronic pain can make it hard to work, take care of yourself, and just do the everyday things you enjoy. It can also affect your mood and mental health.
How do you manage your day-to-day when you live with chronic pain? Here are 4 tips that we have learned and shared from the #chronicpain community.
1. Reduce the stress in your life.
Put simply, stress intensifies chronic pain. Negative feelings caused from stress can increase the body’s sensitivity to pain. Learning to control your stress through techniques to promote relaxation is one way to make living with chronic pain more bearable. Activities like listening to calming music, mental imagery relaxation, deep breathing, meditation and progressive muscle relaxation can help to lift your mood and soothe your mind.
2. Maintain a healthy lifestyle.
It goes without saying, if you keep up with an active regimen, you’re one step closer to managing your chronic pain. Boosting your endorphins through exercise can help improve your mood while also blocking pain signals. It also strengthens muscles, which can help prevent re-injury and further pain. Supporting this with a consistent and healthy diet is equally as important. A well-balanced diet helps your digestive process, keeps your weight under control, and improves your blood sugar levels. Ideally you should be consuming a low-fat, low-sodium diet with lots of fresh fruit, vegetables, legumes, whole grains, cereals, lean meat, cheese, milk and yoghurt. Lastly, don’t smoke – it can worsen chronic pain.
3. Join a chronic pain support group
Meeting others that also live with chronic pain, and who understand what you’re going through, can help you feel less alone. You may find some wisdom or share some wisdom of your own to people coping with pain, together. With the magic of the internet, it is easy to jump online and find a group in the comfort of your own home. Consider professional counselling to help you cope better and to develop a healthier attitude. Remember, asking for help is a sign of strength, not weakness.
4. Get a massage for chronic pain relief
You may be a regular at the physio, and best friends with your local OT, but for a quick and convenient way to manage chronic pain (consistently) at home? Get a massage. Massage can help reduce stress and relieve tension – double win – and it is being used by people living with all sorts of chronic pain, including back and neck pain. Depending on where the source of your chronic pain is, you may even be able to do it yourself or ask a family member to assist you using an effective massage oil like 100% Pure Oil of Emu as a fast-acting anti-inflammatory. If you visit a masseuse, make sure to bring a bottle of Emu Spirit to substitute their oils.
Why is emu oil your secret weapon to pain relief?
Studies have revealed emu oil to be a top choice topical massage oil. For a massage, emu oil provides the added benefit of fast pain relief, due to its high concentration of Omega 3, 6 & 9 fatty acids which helps reduce inflammation. Additionally, it absorbs quickly into the skin and contains natural healing qualities of Vitamin A, E and Oleic Acid for added benefits to pain relief. Used over time, and in conjunction with taking emu oil orally, it has helped many people cope with chronic pain on a daily basis.
- Why Emu Oil is a Must-Have for Springtime
- How the Team use Emu Spirit at Home
- How to Deal with Eczema Flare Ups
- 15 Tips for Living with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- 5 Australian native bushfoods that have surprising health benefits
- National Stroke Week 2021: Eat Well
- Our Easy Overnight Oats Recipe
- Managing Chronic Pain
- Three places on earth where people live the longest
- Foods that promote gut health
- 5 Ancient Health Remedies
- Emu Spirit for Every Day Life
- The Benefits of Omega 369 for Hair
- Emu Oil for Eczema
- Why Emu Oil is Great For Kids
- Have You Tried Emu Oil Aromatherapy?
- 5 Ways to use Emu Oil for Pets
- How to Deal with Work-From-Home Body Pains
- 5 Ways to Treat Sore Muscles
- 4 Summer Treats with Emu Oil
- 5 Healthy New Year’s Resolutions
- Healthier Alternatives to Serve at Christmas
- Have you tried adding Emu Oil to these 5 Everyday Items?
- Have you used Emu Oil in these 4 Unusual Ways?
- Before and After using Emu Spirit
- Learn More about Emu Spirit
- 4 Ways to use Emu Oil
- Staying Healthy at Home
- Protecting Your Skin in Winter
- Emu Oil: Your Skin Healer
- 7 Natural Immunity Boosters for 7 Days of the Week
- Emu Oil for Internal Health
- Taking Care of Your Skin in the Winter
- Multi-Uses for Pure Emu Oil
- Taking Care of Your Health & Hands during COVID-19
- Easy Immunity Boosters for your Autumn Health Routine
- Natural Immunity Boosters for Autumn
- How to use Emu Oil for Babies
- Why You Should Use Emu Oil for Massage Therapy
- 10 Uses for Emu Oil You May Not Know About
- Massage Techniques for Arthritis with Emu Oil
- How to Deal with Chronic Pain
- Emu oil: this summer’s secret weapon
- What is emu oil and why is it good for you?
- 5 Tips For a Healthier Christmas
- 5 Tips for a Happy, Healthy Summer
- Is your Allergy Medication Interfering with your Appetite?
- What Medications Cause Water Retention?
- 5 Fun Ways to Drink Emu Oil
- The Difference Between a Chiropractor, Osteopath and Physiotherapist
- 10 ways Emu Oil helps in warmer weather
- 5 Natural Allergy Immunity Boosters
- 5 Tips for Healthy Winter Skin
- Emu Oil Benefits: Inside and Out
- 5 Natural Remedies to deal with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Health for the Whole Family: Using Emu Oil for Kids
- 3 Ways to Boost Up your Emu Oil Routine
- Using Emu Oil for Your Pet’s Health and Wellbeing
- 4 Ways to Start Your Morning Routine with Emu Spirit
- The Beauty of Emu Oil: Treating your Face, Hair & Nails
- 10 Every Day Health Hacks with Emu Oil
- The Secret Ingredient You Should Add to Your Skincare Routine
- Can Emu Oil Promote Better Gut Health?
- Getting to the Root of the Cause: Emu Oil for Hair Loss
- After-Sun Care with Emu Spirit
- Emu Oil: Health for the Whole Family
- 4 More Benefits of Emu Oil
- 4 Unknown Benefits of Emu Oil
- What Are Comedogenic Oils & Their Ranking?
- Emu Oil Skin Benefits?
- 5 Unexpected Things You Can Use Emu Oil For
- Protecting your skin and immune system in Spring
- 5 Benefits of Emu Oil and What Makes It Effective
- Using Emu Oil for the Digestive Tract
- Using Emu Oil for Asthma
- Emu Spirit for treating Redness and Rosacea
- 5 Reasons Why You Need To Try Emu Oil
- 5 Ways to Relieve Back Pain
- 5 Ways to Boost Your Immune System
- Chemical vs. Natural Anti-Inflammatory Pain Relief
- Fish Oil vs. Emu Oil
- How to use Emu Oil to treat Allergies
- Emu Oil for Hair Loss?
- Research Suggests Anti-Inflammatories are Key to Treating Acne
- How To Use Emu Oil to Treat Psoriasis
- Why Emu Oil is Effective for Skin Treatment
- Is Emu Oil Effective for Treating Osteoarthritic Hand Pain?
- Emu Oil Can Help Treat Eczema
- 8 Tips to Manage Eczema Flare Ups this Season
- 4 Benefits of Emu Oil You Should Know
- 5 Skin Survival Tips for Changing Climate
- 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods to Keep You Healthy This Spring
- The Amazing Benefits of Pure Emu Oil for Your Skin
- 9 Antioxidants That Can Help Prevent Premature Skin Ageing
- How To Get Vitamin D During Winter in Australia
- How to Take Care of Your Skin in Winter
- 10 Arthritis Pain Relief Tips for Winter
- What are the Benefits of Emu Oil Capsules?
- The Emu
- Omega 6 – The Other Essential Fatty Acid
- How Do You Know What Is the Best Quality Emu Oil? (TGA Listed)
- Emu Spirit’s Natural Products for Healthy Skin
- Benefits of Emu Oil
- Suntec Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd
- Copyright © Emu Spirit .
- Website by Wolf
Prices in AUD
To speak with us call
1800 662 212