Self-Massage: An Inexpensive Solution
By Emu Spirit | December 3, 2021 | Blog
Massage Therapy is a great way to alleviate tense and sore muscles. However very few people can afford the luxury of visiting a massage therapist every week.
The good news is that in most cases a professional massage isn’t always a necessary first step. Self-massage is a popular method of massage and involves the use of your hands to manipulate your own muscles by applying pressure to certain spots.
When done correctly, self-massage provides the benefits of reducing pain, inflammation and swelling, it can improve immune function, reduce anxiety and assist in the promotion of a more active lifestyle.
All you need is a good quality Emu Oil, ten fingers and a little knowledge on the following techniques.
Self-Massage for Headaches
Headaches are by far the most common ailment and can be caused by stress or posture. Luckily there is an easy way to alleviate the pain through self-massage.
- Apply a small amount of Emu oil to your fingers.
- Lower your shoulders and straighten your neck and back.
- Place the pointer and middle fingers of each hand on the base of the back of your skull, fingertips touching.
- Apply gentle pressure and slide your fingers outwards following the point where your neck and skull meet, or downwards towards the base of the neck.
- Continue to do this for 5 minutes, focusing on the areas of the neck that feel the most tense and painful.
Self-Massage for Lower Back Pain
Lower back pain is also a common form of muscle pain, mostly due to our modern sedentary lifestyles or more serious workplace or recreational strains and injuries.
- Sit on the floor, cross your legs and straighten your back.
- Apply a small amount of Emu oil to your fingers.
- Place your thumbs on the flat triangular bone at the bottom of your spine.
- Move your thumbs gently up and down a few inches each way, focusing further attention on areas that feel the most tense and painful.
Self-Massage for Wrist and Hand Pain
Most jobs involve using your hands repeatedly, whether it be at a computer clicking a mouse or packing boxes, this can take a toll on your muscles.
- Apply a small amount of Emu Oil to your fingers
- Place your thumb from one hand over the wrist of another.
- Gently apply a small amount of pressure in a circular motion up and down the wrist.
- Next, move your thumb up to the hand to the meaty tissue that connects your thumb to the rest of your fingers.
- Gently apply a small amount of pressure in a circular motion.
- Apply the above to the other hand and wrist.
While self-massage is a great way to alleviate pain and stress without breaking the bank, it is important to be in tune with your own body. If you experience acute or major pain, or if self-massage fails to alleviate any pain after a few sessions, you should stop all self-massage immediately and see a medical professional. It is also important to not engage in self-massage if you currently suffer from fractures, burns, bleeding disorders, deep vein thrombosis, severe osteoporosis, severe thrombocytopenia or cancer.
- Emu Spirit’s Gifts for Everyone
- Emu Spirit’s Healthy Gift Guide
- Self-Massage: An Inexpensive Solution
- The 3 most common types of Dermatitis to watch out for
- Why Emu Oil is a Must-Have for Springtime
- How the Team use Emu Spirit at Home
- How to Deal with Eczema Flare Ups
- 15 Tips for Living with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- 5 Australian native bushfoods that have surprising health benefits
- National Stroke Week 2021: Eat Well
- Our Easy Overnight Oats Recipe
- Managing Chronic Pain
- Three places on earth where people live the longest
- Foods that promote gut health
- 5 Ancient Health Remedies
- Emu Spirit for Every Day Life
- The Benefits of Omega 369 for Hair
- Emu Oil for Eczema
- Why Emu Oil is Great For Kids
- Have You Tried Emu Oil Aromatherapy?
- 5 Ways to use Emu Oil for Pets
- How to Deal with Work-From-Home Body Pains
- 5 Ways to Treat Sore Muscles
- 4 Summer Treats with Emu Oil
- 5 Healthy New Year’s Resolutions
- Healthier Alternatives to Serve at Christmas
- Have you tried adding Emu Oil to these 5 Everyday Items?
- Have you used Emu Oil in these 4 Unusual Ways?
- Before and After using Emu Spirit
- Learn More about Emu Spirit
- 4 Ways to use Emu Oil
- Staying Healthy at Home
- Protecting Your Skin in Winter
- Emu Oil: Your Skin Healer
- 7 Natural Immunity Boosters for 7 Days of the Week
- Emu Oil for Internal Health
- Taking Care of Your Skin in the Winter
- Multi-Uses for Pure Emu Oil
- Taking Care of Your Health & Hands during COVID-19
- Easy Immunity Boosters for your Autumn Health Routine
- Natural Immunity Boosters for Autumn
- How to use Emu Oil for Babies
- Why You Should Use Emu Oil for Massage Therapy
- 10 Uses for Emu Oil You May Not Know About
- Massage Techniques for Arthritis with Emu Oil
- How to Deal with Chronic Pain
- Emu oil: this summer’s secret weapon
- What is emu oil and why is it good for you?
- 5 Tips For a Healthier Christmas
- 5 Tips for a Happy, Healthy Summer
- Is your Allergy Medication Interfering with your Appetite?
- What Medications Cause Water Retention?
- 5 Fun Ways to Drink Emu Oil
- The Difference Between a Chiropractor, Osteopath and Physiotherapist
- 10 ways Emu Oil helps in warmer weather
- 5 Natural Allergy Immunity Boosters
- 5 Tips for Healthy Winter Skin
- Emu Oil Benefits: Inside and Out
- 5 Natural Remedies to deal with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Health for the Whole Family: Using Emu Oil for Kids
- 3 Ways to Boost Up your Emu Oil Routine
- Using Emu Oil for Your Pet’s Health and Wellbeing
- 4 Ways to Start Your Morning Routine with Emu Spirit
- The Beauty of Emu Oil: Treating your Face, Hair & Nails
- 10 Every Day Health Hacks with Emu Oil
- The Secret Ingredient You Should Add to Your Skincare Routine
- Can Emu Oil Promote Better Gut Health?
- Getting to the Root of the Cause: Emu Oil for Hair Loss
- After-Sun Care with Emu Spirit
- Emu Oil: Health for the Whole Family
- 4 More Benefits of Emu Oil
- 4 Unknown Benefits of Emu Oil
- What Are Comedogenic Oils & Their Ranking?
- Emu Oil Skin Benefits?
- 5 Unexpected Things You Can Use Emu Oil For
- Protecting your skin and immune system in Spring
- 5 Benefits of Emu Oil and What Makes It Effective
- Using Emu Oil for the Digestive Tract
- Using Emu Oil for Asthma
- Emu Spirit for treating Redness and Rosacea
- 5 Reasons Why You Need To Try Emu Oil
- 5 Ways to Relieve Back Pain
- 5 Ways to Boost Your Immune System
- Chemical vs. Natural Anti-Inflammatory Pain Relief
- Fish Oil vs. Emu Oil
- How to use Emu Oil to treat Allergies
- Emu Oil for Hair Loss?
- Research Suggests Anti-Inflammatories are Key to Treating Acne
- How To Use Emu Oil to Treat Psoriasis
- Why Emu Oil is Effective for Skin Treatment
- Is Emu Oil Effective for Treating Osteoarthritic Hand Pain?
- Emu Oil Can Help Treat Eczema
- 8 Tips to Manage Eczema Flare Ups this Season
- 4 Benefits of Emu Oil You Should Know
- 5 Skin Survival Tips for Changing Climate
- 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods to Keep You Healthy This Spring
- The Amazing Benefits of Pure Emu Oil for Your Skin
- 9 Antioxidants That Can Help Prevent Premature Skin Ageing
- How To Get Vitamin D During Winter in Australia
- How to Take Care of Your Skin in Winter
- 10 Arthritis Pain Relief Tips for Winter
- What are the Benefits of Emu Oil Capsules?
- The Emu
- Omega 6 – The Other Essential Fatty Acid
- How Do You Know What Is the Best Quality Emu Oil? (TGA Listed)
- Emu Spirit’s Natural Products for Healthy Skin
- Benefits of Emu Oil
- Suntec Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd
- Copyright © Emu Spirit .
- Website by Wolf
Prices in AUD
To speak with us call
1800 662 212