Staying Healthy at Home
By Emu Spirit | October 16, 2020 | Blog
COVID-19 has turned the world on its head. Normally, spring season signals picnics in the park, spending extra time outdoors and seeing friends and family. This year things are a little different, as citizens around the world are faced with the reality of carrying on everyday routines inside their homes. Staying home is essential for preventing the spread of coronavirus, but the change in routine is leaving many of us in unfamiliar territory. Especially when it comes to looking out for our health, we’ve all had to learn to adapt to the new normal.
In a time where keeping our immunity strong is of utmost importance, here are some top tips for staying healthy during home quarantine.
1. Keep a clean home environment
Heading out to pick up groceries or essentials is an inevitable task, but being aware of your risk of exposure outside should be in the back of your mind up until you return home. Reduce the risk of spreading germs at home by:
– Immediately washing your hands with soap for 20 seconds or longer upon each return home
– Cleaning and disinfecting high-touch surfaces daily, such as door knobs, light switches, remotes, kitchen counters, toilets and sinks
2. Stick to a meal schedule
A stocked up kitchen and spending most of your waking hours in the same home is a recipe for inconsistent meal times and increased snacking throughout the day. It may be difficult to stick to a regimented meal plan, but by preparing your meals and designating set meal times, this will help to:
– Ensure a well-balanced diet, regulate your consumption and prevent over-indulgence
– Curb the temptation to order take-out food
Tip: incorporate a few drops of pure emu oil into cereal, cold salads and cold juices for an added internal health boost
3. Take care of your mental health
It’s easy to become wrapped up in the endless news and information about COVID-19, making you feel stressed, anxious and overwhelmed about the state of the times. A healthy state of mind is beneficial to your body, so reducing stress should be an area to focus on.
– Get plenty of sleep
– Give yourself time away from news and social media
– Practice mindfulness and meditation
– Set a time weekly for video chats with friends and family
Tip: studies have shown that ingesting pure emu oil can contribute to substantial improvement in mood regulation and increase mental focus.
4. Keep up your exercise routine
While we may not be able to hit the gym, swim in a public pool or participate in group fitness classes, it’s no excuse to drop your exercise routine. Maintaining an active lifestyle is especially hard in confined spaces, but fortunately there are plenty of exercises that can be done at home with little to no equipment. Keep your body moving by:
– Create your own exercise routine by following YouTube fitness videos
– Take a daily walk or jog around your neighbourhood
– Try bodyweight exercises, such as push-ups, pull-ups, wall squats and sit-ups
– Take free exercise classes online run by gyms and fitness instructors
Tip: Sooth sore muscles and joints by massaging Emu Spirit Muscular & Arthritic Rub directly onto problem areas
5. Stay hydrated
Keeping check of your water and fluid intake will help to keep your body healthy. Home distractions may get in the way of ensuring you’re drinking enough water, so being mindful of these tips can help you create a hydration habit.
– Use a large bottle to keep track of how much water you should be drinking per day, and pour the water into a glass throughout the day
– Drink a glass of water before and after every meal
– Replacing other drinks like soft drinks or coffee with water
– Try lightly carbonated water with a fruit infusion for some added fun flavour
Tip: Add a few drops of pure emu oil into a cold icy glass of water, and top with lemon juice and mint for a refreshing drink to start or end your day
- Have you tried adding Emu Oil to these 5 Everyday Items?
- Have you used Emu Oil in these 4 Unusual Ways?
- Before and After using Emu Spirit
- Learn More about Emu Spirit
- 4 Ways to use Emu Oil
- Staying Healthy at Home
- Protecting Your Skin in Winter
- Emu Oil: Your Skin Healer
- 7 Natural Immunity Boosters for 7 Days of the Week
- Emu Oil for Internal Health
- Taking Care of Your Skin in the Winter
- Multi-Uses for Pure Emu Oil
- Taking Care of Your Health & Hands during COVID-19
- Easy Immunity Boosters for your Autumn Health Routine
- Natural Immunity Boosters for Autumn
- How to use Emu Oil for Babies
- Why You Should Use Emu Oil for Massage Therapy
- 10 Uses for Emu Oil You May Not Know About
- Massage Techniques for Arthritis with Emu Oil
- How to Deal with Chronic Pain
- Emu oil: this summer’s secret weapon
- What is emu oil and why is it good for you?
- 5 Tips For a Healthier Christmas
- 5 Tips for a Happy, Healthy Summer
- Is your Allergy Medication Interfering with your Appetite?
- What Medications Cause Water Retention?
- 5 Fun Ways to Drink Emu Oil
- The Difference Between a Chiropractor, Osteopath and Physiotherapist
- 10 ways Emu Oil helps in warmer weather
- 5 Natural Allergy Immunity Boosters
- 5 Tips for Healthy Winter Skin
- Emu Oil Benefits: Inside and Out
- 5 Natural Remedies to deal with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Health for the Whole Family: Using Emu Oil for Kids
- 3 Ways to Boost Up your Emu Oil Routine
- Using Emu Oil for Your Pet’s Health and Wellbeing
- 4 Ways to Start Your Morning Routine with Emu Spirit
- The Beauty of Emu Oil: Treating your Face, Hair & Nails
- 10 Every Day Health Hacks with Emu Oil
- The Secret Ingredient You Should Add to Your Skincare Routine
- Can Emu Oil Promote Better Gut Health?
- Getting to the Root of the Cause: Emu Oil for Hair Loss
- After-Sun Care with Emu Spirit
- Emu Oil: Health for the Whole Family
- 4 More Benefits of Emu Oil
- 4 Unknown Benefits of Emu Oil
- What Are Comedogenic Oils & Their Ranking?
- Emu Oil Skin Benefits?
- 5 Unexpected Things You Can Use Emu Oil For
- Protecting your skin and immune system in Spring
- 5 Benefits of Emu Oil and What Makes It Effective
- Using Emu Oil for the Digestive Tract
- Using Emu Oil for Asthma
- Emu Spirit for treating Redness and Rosacea
- 5 Reasons Why You Need To Try Emu Oil
- 5 Ways to Relieve Back Pain
- 5 Ways to Boost Your Immune System
- Chemical vs. Natural Anti-Inflammatory Pain Relief
- Fish Oil vs. Emu Oil
- How to use Emu Oil to treat Allergies
- Emu Oil for Hair Loss?
- Research Suggests Anti-Inflammatories are Key to Treating Acne
- How To Use Emu Oil to Treat Psoriasis
- Why Emu Oil is Effective for Skin Treatment
- Is Emu Oil Effective for Treating Osteoarthritic Hand Pain?
- Emu Oil Can Help Treat Eczema
- 8 Tips to Manage Eczema Flare Ups this Season
- 4 Benefits of Emu Oil You Should Know
- 5 Skin Survival Tips for Changing Climate
- 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods to Keep You Healthy This Spring
- The Amazing Benefits of Pure Emu Oil for Your Skin
- 9 Antioxidants That Can Help Prevent Premature Skin Ageing
- How To Get Vitamin D During Winter in Australia
- How to Take Care of Your Skin in Winter
- 10 Arthritis Pain Relief Tips for Winter
- What are the Benefits of Emu Oil Capsules?
- The Emu
- Omega 6 – The Other Essential Fatty Acid
- How Do You Know What Is the Best Quality Emu Oil? (TGA Listed)
- Emu Spirit’s Natural Products for Healthy Skin
- Benefits of Emu Oil
- Suntec Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd
- Copyright © Emu Spirit .
- Website by Wolf
Prices in AUD
To speak with us call
1800 662 212