The 3 most common types of Dermatitis to watch out for
By Emu Spirit | May 14, 2022 | Blog
Dermatitis is a term used by dermatologists to describe a common form of skin irritation. Dermatitis comes in many forms and usually causes itchiness, discomfort, dry skin, redness and a rash. In more severe cases Dermatitis may cause the skin to blister, become painful and flake off.
While Dermatitis isn’t contagious or life threatening, it is important to identify and control the symptoms as it can leave you self-conscious, uncomfortable and in pain.
The three most common types of Dermatitis to look out for are:
Seborrheic Dermatitis is a common skin condition that mainly effects areas of your scalp. It can cause itching, scaly red patches and dandruff. On occasion, Seborrheic Dermatitis can affect other areas of your body such as your face, nose, ears, eyelids and eyebrows.
The most common symptoms of Seborrheic Dermatitis are:
– Dandruff – tiny flakes of skin from your scalp, hair, facial hair or eyebrows.
– Itchy Skin
While Seborrheic Dermatitis can sometimes disappear on its own, this can be accelerated with proper treatment such as:
– Deeply cleansing your hair and scalp with special shampoos and conditioners
– Massaging Emu oil into the effected areas daily.
Atopic Dermatitis, commonly known as Eczema is by far one of the most common and well-known skin conditions. It is more common amongst children but can flare up at any age.
The most common symptoms of Atopic Dermatitis can vary from person to person but the general symptoms include:
– Itchy skin – especially at night
– Dry skin
– Red patches, particularly on the hands, feet and the joints.
– Raised bumps
– Thickened flaky skin
While there is no cure for Atopic Dermatitis, it is still possible to apply treatment in order to prevent sporadic flare ups. This can be done by:
– Moisturizing your skin with emu oil and/or prescription ointments and lotions.
– Avoiding triggers such as excessive sweating, certain soaps and detergents that can cause irritation, dust and pollen
– Identify potential food allergies
Contact Dermatitis is a red itchy rash that occurs when direct contact is made between your body and a substance that you are allergic to. Many substances can cause allergic reactions such as certain cosmetics, fragrances from perfume or cleaning products, certain types of metals, or plants and animals.
After contact has been made with an allergen, a Contact Dermatitis symptom can develop within minutes to hours of exposure and can last for multiple weeks. The main types of Contact Dermatitis Symptoms to look out for are:
– Redness and a rash
– Dry itchy skin
– Blisters, sometimes oozing.
If you develop a rash that does not disappear within three weeks, grows over time or is painful, it is important to see a medical professional, otherwise it is possible to prevent or reduce the effects of Contact Dermatitis by:
– Avoiding known allergens
– Wearing protective clothing such as long pants and gloves
– Wash your hands and skin regularly with a hypoallergenic soap
– Apply emu oil gently to the affected area
- Natural Home Remedies to Heal from Within
- Discovering Doggy Dermatisis
- Summer Bug Repellents
- SunSmart with Emu Spirit
- Emu Spirit’s Gifts for Everyone
- Emu Spirit’s Healthy Gift Guide
- Self-Massage: An Inexpensive Solution
- The 3 most common types of Dermatitis to watch out for
- Why Emu Oil is a Must-Have for Springtime
- How the Team use Emu Spirit at Home
- How to Deal with Eczema Flare Ups
- 15 Tips for Living with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- 5 Australian native bushfoods that have surprising health benefits
- National Stroke Week 2021: Eat Well
- Our Easy Overnight Oats Recipe
- Managing Chronic Pain
- Three places on earth where people live the longest
- Foods that promote gut health
- 5 Ancient Health Remedies
- Emu Spirit for Every Day Life
- The Benefits of Omega 369 for Hair
- Emu Oil for Eczema
- Why Emu Oil is Great For Kids
- Have You Tried Emu Oil Aromatherapy?
- 5 Ways to use Emu Oil for Pets
- How to Deal with Work-From-Home Body Pains
- 5 Ways to Treat Sore Muscles
- 4 Summer Treats with Emu Oil
- 5 Healthy New Year’s Resolutions
- Healthier Alternatives to Serve at Christmas
- Have you tried adding Emu Oil to these 5 Everyday Items?
- Have you used Emu Oil in these 4 Unusual Ways?
- Before and After using Emu Spirit
- Learn More about Emu Spirit
- 4 Ways to use Emu Oil
- Staying Healthy at Home
- Protecting Your Skin in Winter
- Emu Oil: Your Skin Healer
- 7 Natural Immunity Boosters for 7 Days of the Week
- Emu Oil for Internal Health
- Taking Care of Your Skin in the Winter
- Multi-Uses for Pure Emu Oil
- Taking Care of Your Health & Hands during COVID-19
- Easy Immunity Boosters for your Autumn Health Routine
- Natural Immunity Boosters for Autumn
- How to use Emu Oil for Babies
- Why You Should Use Emu Oil for Massage Therapy
- 10 Uses for Emu Oil You May Not Know About
- Massage Techniques for Arthritis with Emu Oil
- How to Deal with Chronic Pain
- Emu oil: this summer’s secret weapon
- What is emu oil and why is it good for you?
- 5 Tips For a Healthier Christmas
- 5 Tips for a Happy, Healthy Summer
- Is your Allergy Medication Interfering with your Appetite?
- What Medications Cause Water Retention?
- 5 Fun Ways to Drink Emu Oil
- The Difference Between a Chiropractor, Osteopath and Physiotherapist
- 10 ways Emu Oil helps in warmer weather
- 5 Natural Allergy Immunity Boosters
- 5 Tips for Healthy Winter Skin
- Emu Oil Benefits: Inside and Out
- 5 Natural Remedies to deal with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Health for the Whole Family: Using Emu Oil for Kids
- 3 Ways to Boost Up your Emu Oil Routine
- Using Emu Oil for Your Pet’s Health and Wellbeing
- 4 Ways to Start Your Morning Routine with Emu Spirit
- The Beauty of Emu Oil: Treating your Face, Hair & Nails
- 10 Every Day Health Hacks with Emu Oil
- The Secret Ingredient You Should Add to Your Skincare Routine
- Can Emu Oil Promote Better Gut Health?
- Getting to the Root of the Cause: Emu Oil for Hair Loss
- After-Sun Care with Emu Spirit
- Emu Oil: Health for the Whole Family
- 4 More Benefits of Emu Oil
- 4 Unknown Benefits of Emu Oil
- What Are Comedogenic Oils & Their Ranking?
- Emu Oil Skin Benefits?
- 5 Unexpected Things You Can Use Emu Oil For
- Protecting your skin and immune system in Spring
- 5 Benefits of Emu Oil and What Makes It Effective
- Using Emu Oil for the Digestive Tract
- Using Emu Oil for Asthma
- Emu Spirit for treating Redness and Rosacea
- 5 Reasons Why You Need To Try Emu Oil
- 5 Ways to Relieve Back Pain
- 5 Ways to Boost Your Immune System
- Chemical vs. Natural Anti-Inflammatory Pain Relief
- Fish Oil vs. Emu Oil
- How to use Emu Oil to treat Allergies
- Emu Oil for Hair Loss?
- Research Suggests Anti-Inflammatories are Key to Treating Acne
- How To Use Emu Oil to Treat Psoriasis
- Why Emu Oil is Effective for Skin Treatment
- Is Emu Oil Effective for Treating Osteoarthritic Hand Pain?
- Emu Oil Can Help Treat Eczema
- 8 Tips to Manage Eczema Flare Ups this Season
- 4 Benefits of Emu Oil You Should Know
- 5 Skin Survival Tips for Changing Climate
- 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods to Keep You Healthy This Spring
- The Amazing Benefits of Pure Emu Oil for Your Skin
- 9 Antioxidants That Can Help Prevent Premature Skin Ageing
- How To Get Vitamin D During Winter in Australia
- How to Take Care of Your Skin in Winter
- 10 Arthritis Pain Relief Tips for Winter
- What are the Benefits of Emu Oil Capsules?
- The Emu
- Omega 6 – The Other Essential Fatty Acid
- How Do You Know What Is the Best Quality Emu Oil? (TGA Listed)
- Emu Spirit’s Natural Products for Healthy Skin
- Benefits of Emu Oil
- Suntec Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd
- Copyright © Emu Spirit .
- Website by Wolf
Prices in AUD
To speak with us call
1800 662 212