Three places on earth where people live the longest
By Emu Spirit | September 24, 2021 | Blog
There are a few unassuming communities on earth that are home to an uncommonly high number of centenarians (people that live past 100 years old). These areas became known as Blue Zones and have piqued the interest of demographers and doctors alike as they race to study what it is that makes people living within blue zones live abnormally long lives.
Sardinia is the second largest island in the Mediterranean Sea, and one of the 20 regions of Italy. Residents of this island live a traditional healthy lifestyle. To this day, the residents of Sardinia still fish and harvest the food they eat. The Sardinian diet consists of wholegrain bread, fruit and vegetables, with only 5% of the Sardinian diet being meat. Most notably, Sardinians eat a lot of pecorino cheese which is high in omega-3 fatty acids.
Okinawa is a prefecture of Japan located on the Ryukyu island chain southwest of the island. Once known as the land of immortals, the island has built a reputation for being home to the world’s longest living women. Okinawans have eaten an almost completely plant-based diet for their entire lives, with a particular emphasis on sweet potato and soy bean. The fermented soy foods often eaten in Okinawa have particularly contributed to healthy intestinal ecology and long lifespans amongst the island’s population.
Ikaria is a Greek island in the Aegean Sea. The island has historically been the target of invasions by Roman, Persian and Turkish forces which has driven the island’s native residents further inland from the coast. This resulted in an isolated culture that is rich in tradition and unique lifestyles. 1 in 3 Ikarians live to their 90s. Ikarians eat a variation of the popular mainland Mediterranean diet, which mainly includes vegetables, whole grains and olive oil. When the Ikarians do eat meat, it is nearly always fish which is high in omega-3 fatty acids and great for gut health.
So, what are the common threads between lifestyle and longevity..?
All of the people living in the above mentioned blue zones live a slow and easy going lifestyle where small, tight-knit communities spend time together. Their diets are each made up of 95% vegetables with a particular emphasis on meat and dairy that contains high amounts of omega-3 fatty acids (such as fish and goat’s cheese).
Although most Blue Zone cultures live isolated lifestyles – away from the busy 9-5 work schedules and tempting fast food drive-throughs – it doesn’t mean that you can’t change your daily diet in small ways in order to improve your lifespan. There is one simple way you can incorporate a healthy habit into your routine – add a teaspoon of 100% Pure Emu Oil to your breakfast cereal to boost your omega 3 intake!
- Why Emu Oil is a Must-Have for Springtime
- How the Team use Emu Spirit at Home
- How to Deal with Eczema Flare Ups
- 15 Tips for Living with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- 5 Australian native bushfoods that have surprising health benefits
- National Stroke Week 2021: Eat Well
- Our Easy Overnight Oats Recipe
- Managing Chronic Pain
- Three places on earth where people live the longest
- Foods that promote gut health
- 5 Ancient Health Remedies
- Emu Spirit for Every Day Life
- The Benefits of Omega 369 for Hair
- Emu Oil for Eczema
- Why Emu Oil is Great For Kids
- Have You Tried Emu Oil Aromatherapy?
- 5 Ways to use Emu Oil for Pets
- How to Deal with Work-From-Home Body Pains
- 5 Ways to Treat Sore Muscles
- 4 Summer Treats with Emu Oil
- 5 Healthy New Year’s Resolutions
- Healthier Alternatives to Serve at Christmas
- Have you tried adding Emu Oil to these 5 Everyday Items?
- Have you used Emu Oil in these 4 Unusual Ways?
- Before and After using Emu Spirit
- Learn More about Emu Spirit
- 4 Ways to use Emu Oil
- Staying Healthy at Home
- Protecting Your Skin in Winter
- Emu Oil: Your Skin Healer
- 7 Natural Immunity Boosters for 7 Days of the Week
- Emu Oil for Internal Health
- Taking Care of Your Skin in the Winter
- Multi-Uses for Pure Emu Oil
- Taking Care of Your Health & Hands during COVID-19
- Easy Immunity Boosters for your Autumn Health Routine
- Natural Immunity Boosters for Autumn
- How to use Emu Oil for Babies
- Why You Should Use Emu Oil for Massage Therapy
- 10 Uses for Emu Oil You May Not Know About
- Massage Techniques for Arthritis with Emu Oil
- How to Deal with Chronic Pain
- Emu oil: this summer’s secret weapon
- What is emu oil and why is it good for you?
- 5 Tips For a Healthier Christmas
- 5 Tips for a Happy, Healthy Summer
- Is your Allergy Medication Interfering with your Appetite?
- What Medications Cause Water Retention?
- 5 Fun Ways to Drink Emu Oil
- The Difference Between a Chiropractor, Osteopath and Physiotherapist
- 10 ways Emu Oil helps in warmer weather
- 5 Natural Allergy Immunity Boosters
- 5 Tips for Healthy Winter Skin
- Emu Oil Benefits: Inside and Out
- 5 Natural Remedies to deal with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Health for the Whole Family: Using Emu Oil for Kids
- 3 Ways to Boost Up your Emu Oil Routine
- Using Emu Oil for Your Pet’s Health and Wellbeing
- 4 Ways to Start Your Morning Routine with Emu Spirit
- The Beauty of Emu Oil: Treating your Face, Hair & Nails
- 10 Every Day Health Hacks with Emu Oil
- The Secret Ingredient You Should Add to Your Skincare Routine
- Can Emu Oil Promote Better Gut Health?
- Getting to the Root of the Cause: Emu Oil for Hair Loss
- After-Sun Care with Emu Spirit
- Emu Oil: Health for the Whole Family
- 4 More Benefits of Emu Oil
- 4 Unknown Benefits of Emu Oil
- What Are Comedogenic Oils & Their Ranking?
- Emu Oil Skin Benefits?
- 5 Unexpected Things You Can Use Emu Oil For
- Protecting your skin and immune system in Spring
- 5 Benefits of Emu Oil and What Makes It Effective
- Using Emu Oil for the Digestive Tract
- Using Emu Oil for Asthma
- Emu Spirit for treating Redness and Rosacea
- 5 Reasons Why You Need To Try Emu Oil
- 5 Ways to Relieve Back Pain
- 5 Ways to Boost Your Immune System
- Chemical vs. Natural Anti-Inflammatory Pain Relief
- Fish Oil vs. Emu Oil
- How to use Emu Oil to treat Allergies
- Emu Oil for Hair Loss?
- Research Suggests Anti-Inflammatories are Key to Treating Acne
- How To Use Emu Oil to Treat Psoriasis
- Why Emu Oil is Effective for Skin Treatment
- Is Emu Oil Effective for Treating Osteoarthritic Hand Pain?
- Emu Oil Can Help Treat Eczema
- 8 Tips to Manage Eczema Flare Ups this Season
- 4 Benefits of Emu Oil You Should Know
- 5 Skin Survival Tips for Changing Climate
- 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods to Keep You Healthy This Spring
- The Amazing Benefits of Pure Emu Oil for Your Skin
- 9 Antioxidants That Can Help Prevent Premature Skin Ageing
- How To Get Vitamin D During Winter in Australia
- How to Take Care of Your Skin in Winter
- 10 Arthritis Pain Relief Tips for Winter
- What are the Benefits of Emu Oil Capsules?
- The Emu
- Omega 6 – The Other Essential Fatty Acid
- How Do You Know What Is the Best Quality Emu Oil? (TGA Listed)
- Emu Spirit’s Natural Products for Healthy Skin
- Benefits of Emu Oil
- Suntec Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd
- Copyright © Emu Spirit .
- Website by Wolf
Prices in AUD
To speak with us call
1800 662 212