Using Emu Oil for the Digestive Tract
By Emu Spirit | September 22, 2021 | Blog
By now we have discovered the many uses for emu oil. Arthritis, osteoarthritis, rheumatism, muscle aches, joint stiffness, eczema, psoriasis, the list goes on…
There’s one more unexpected use that we can now add to this already extensive list: digestive problems!
A healthy digestive system is essential for breaking down foods, so that all the good vitamins and nutrients can be absorbed into your body to maintain your health and general wellbeing. It also helps to flush out all the waste from your body.
There are 3 main causes for digestive problems
1. Stress: physical stress, mental stress, as well as emotional stress
2. Antibiotics: Misuse of antibiotics can kill beneficial bacteria in the colon leading to accumulation of harmful species in it
3. Processed Food Diet: Consuming high amounts of processed food and refined carbohydrates can lead to indigestion and many other digestive problems
So how can we prevent digestive problems?
You can try to eat smaller but more frequent meals and drink plenty of water, as well as include a mix of whole grain carbs, protein and healthy fats (examples include peanut butter on whole-wheat crackers, tuna sandwiches, yoghurt with fruit etc)
But if you want an extra health boost – try incorporating emu oil capsules into your routine.
Reason #1: Researchers have found that taking emu oil orally may have benefits to the gastrointestinal tract (GI).
A 2012 study conducted in Australia found that emu oil, when administered orally and topically, possesses significant anti-inflammatory properties. Researchers indicated that it’s able to treat inflammatory disorders affecting the gastrointestinal system (Axe, 2016).
The Australian study cited above, “Emu Oil: A novel therapeutic for disorders of the gastrointestinal tract?”, tested the therapeutic activity of emu oil on the GI tracts of mice. The results showed that emu oil provided partial protection against chemotherapy-induced mucositis, a painful inflammation and ulceration of the mucous membranes that line the digestive tract (Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology).
Reason #2: Emu oil can help strengthen your gastrointestinal system.
Another study in 2010 published in the British Journal of Nutrition tested the effects of emu oil on chemotherapy-induced mucositis. The authors wrote, “Mucositis resulting from cancer chemotherapy is a serious disorder of the alimentary tract… We investigated emu oil for its potential to decrease the severity of mucositis in a rat model.”
The results: “Emu oil decreased acute ileal inflammation, and improved mucosal architecture in the intestine during recovery from chemotherapy in rats. Further studies investigating the potential benefits of emu oil as a nutritional supplement for the treatment of intestinal disorders are indicated.”
Based on these findings, researchers concluded that emu oil is able to improve intestinal repair, and it can form the basis of an additional remedy to conventional treatment approaches for inflammatory disorders affecting the gastrointestinal system. Emu Oil could therefore represent a safe, renewable and economical alternative to pharmaceutical options in this context.
- Why Emu Oil is a Must-Have for Springtime
- How the Team use Emu Spirit at Home
- How to Deal with Eczema Flare Ups
- 15 Tips for Living with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- 5 Australian native bushfoods that have surprising health benefits
- National Stroke Week 2021: Eat Well
- Our Easy Overnight Oats Recipe
- Managing Chronic Pain
- Three places on earth where people live the longest
- Foods that promote gut health
- 5 Ancient Health Remedies
- Emu Spirit for Every Day Life
- The Benefits of Omega 369 for Hair
- Emu Oil for Eczema
- Why Emu Oil is Great For Kids
- Have You Tried Emu Oil Aromatherapy?
- 5 Ways to use Emu Oil for Pets
- How to Deal with Work-From-Home Body Pains
- 5 Ways to Treat Sore Muscles
- 4 Summer Treats with Emu Oil
- 5 Healthy New Year’s Resolutions
- Healthier Alternatives to Serve at Christmas
- Have you tried adding Emu Oil to these 5 Everyday Items?
- Have you used Emu Oil in these 4 Unusual Ways?
- Before and After using Emu Spirit
- Learn More about Emu Spirit
- 4 Ways to use Emu Oil
- Staying Healthy at Home
- Protecting Your Skin in Winter
- Emu Oil: Your Skin Healer
- 7 Natural Immunity Boosters for 7 Days of the Week
- Emu Oil for Internal Health
- Taking Care of Your Skin in the Winter
- Multi-Uses for Pure Emu Oil
- Taking Care of Your Health & Hands during COVID-19
- Easy Immunity Boosters for your Autumn Health Routine
- Natural Immunity Boosters for Autumn
- How to use Emu Oil for Babies
- Why You Should Use Emu Oil for Massage Therapy
- 10 Uses for Emu Oil You May Not Know About
- Massage Techniques for Arthritis with Emu Oil
- How to Deal with Chronic Pain
- Emu oil: this summer’s secret weapon
- What is emu oil and why is it good for you?
- 5 Tips For a Healthier Christmas
- 5 Tips for a Happy, Healthy Summer
- Is your Allergy Medication Interfering with your Appetite?
- What Medications Cause Water Retention?
- 5 Fun Ways to Drink Emu Oil
- The Difference Between a Chiropractor, Osteopath and Physiotherapist
- 10 ways Emu Oil helps in warmer weather
- 5 Natural Allergy Immunity Boosters
- 5 Tips for Healthy Winter Skin
- Emu Oil Benefits: Inside and Out
- 5 Natural Remedies to deal with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Health for the Whole Family: Using Emu Oil for Kids
- 3 Ways to Boost Up your Emu Oil Routine
- Using Emu Oil for Your Pet’s Health and Wellbeing
- 4 Ways to Start Your Morning Routine with Emu Spirit
- The Beauty of Emu Oil: Treating your Face, Hair & Nails
- 10 Every Day Health Hacks with Emu Oil
- The Secret Ingredient You Should Add to Your Skincare Routine
- Can Emu Oil Promote Better Gut Health?
- Getting to the Root of the Cause: Emu Oil for Hair Loss
- After-Sun Care with Emu Spirit
- Emu Oil: Health for the Whole Family
- 4 More Benefits of Emu Oil
- 4 Unknown Benefits of Emu Oil
- What Are Comedogenic Oils & Their Ranking?
- Emu Oil Skin Benefits?
- 5 Unexpected Things You Can Use Emu Oil For
- Protecting your skin and immune system in Spring
- 5 Benefits of Emu Oil and What Makes It Effective
- Using Emu Oil for the Digestive Tract
- Using Emu Oil for Asthma
- Emu Spirit for treating Redness and Rosacea
- 5 Reasons Why You Need To Try Emu Oil
- 5 Ways to Relieve Back Pain
- 5 Ways to Boost Your Immune System
- Chemical vs. Natural Anti-Inflammatory Pain Relief
- Fish Oil vs. Emu Oil
- How to use Emu Oil to treat Allergies
- Emu Oil for Hair Loss?
- Research Suggests Anti-Inflammatories are Key to Treating Acne
- How To Use Emu Oil to Treat Psoriasis
- Why Emu Oil is Effective for Skin Treatment
- Is Emu Oil Effective for Treating Osteoarthritic Hand Pain?
- Emu Oil Can Help Treat Eczema
- 8 Tips to Manage Eczema Flare Ups this Season
- 4 Benefits of Emu Oil You Should Know
- 5 Skin Survival Tips for Changing Climate
- 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods to Keep You Healthy This Spring
- The Amazing Benefits of Pure Emu Oil for Your Skin
- 9 Antioxidants That Can Help Prevent Premature Skin Ageing
- How To Get Vitamin D During Winter in Australia
- How to Take Care of Your Skin in Winter
- 10 Arthritis Pain Relief Tips for Winter
- What are the Benefits of Emu Oil Capsules?
- The Emu
- Omega 6 – The Other Essential Fatty Acid
- How Do You Know What Is the Best Quality Emu Oil? (TGA Listed)
- Emu Spirit’s Natural Products for Healthy Skin
- Benefits of Emu Oil
- Suntec Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd
- Copyright © Emu Spirit .
- Website by Wolf
Prices in AUD
To speak with us call
1800 662 212